What management,injectors & cams?

A

Anonymous

Need some advice?

Would like around 500bhp and need to get there on a budget as already spent to much.

I have been told unichip will take care of management side and 700cc injectors.
Also been told if i get the cams cars will be tapty and wont idle right.
This would be a pain as i still drive the car around town.

Mods i have: Forge internals, metal head gasket, Big turbo, external wastgate, fmic, mongoose, safc & boost controller.

Your views are welcome as to what else i need & other options on a budget?

Thanks in advance.

A

Anonymous

B16BUG said:
Need some advice?

Would like around 500bhp and need to get there on a budget as already spent to much.
then in all honesty,forget it.you can`t get big power on a tight budget,it just can`t be done.quite apart from the fact you need to spend thousands on the parts req`d,it also costs a fortune for petrol and it WILL break sooner rather than later.

i broke a front diff in feb and for the parts alone,it was 2k :shock:

A

Anonymous

Budget meaning instead of a £1500 ecu if i could get the same job done with a £700 ecu why not.

No more smart A_ _ _S

Thanks

Sweeny

If your after 500bhp then dont go for a unichip coz they dont really support bigger injectors (so ive been told).

Im running 404bhp at the mo on a unichip with 700cc injectors, but the unichip makes my car run crap, so im savin for a motec. :wink:

James.

A

Anonymous

B16BUG said:
Budget meaning instead of a £1500 ecu if i could get the same job done with a £700 ecu why not.

No more smart A_ _ _S

Thanks
i wasn`t trying to sound like a smart ass,i`m just being honest :(
power costs and costs BIG.

you just cannot get to 500bhp on a low budget,plain and simple i`m afraid.
you are looking at:-3k for a gearbox rebuild,1k for a clutch and then 10mpg if you have a light foot.

you also wont make 500bhp on 700cc injectors.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
B16BUG said:

No more smart A_ _ _S

Thanks
i wasn`t trying to sound like a smart a**,i`m just being honest :(
power costs and costs BIG.

you just cannot get to 500bhp on a low budget,plain and simple i`m afraid.
you are looking at:-3k for a gearbox rebuild,1k for a clutch and then 10mpg if you have a light foot.

you also wont make 500bhp on 700cc injectors.

:shock: :shock: I can't believe anybody would think you where
a smartar5e Bruce :roll: :lol: :wink: .

rob

Ps I'd have to agree with Bruce on this as he's spent £££££££££££££££££
and still only has 380bhp :oops: :wink: .

skiddusmarkus

I don't think anyone will recommend the unichip for 500bhp and 700cc injectors would be better for 400bhp than 500.I'd be looking at 1000cc for what you're after.For that power I'd also want the peace of mind of Motec,Autronics or Gems and all cost £lots.
As Bruce(rightly)said,you're also gonna need an uprated gearbox,fancy clutch and things like renewing ignition/suspension/braking parts to cope will all bump the price up.

J

J-GTi-R

B16BUG said:

No more smart A_ _ _S

Thanks
Jesus, oap-r has pushed 'R tuning to the absolute limit and has broken stuff that has probably cost more than your entire car, so he's speaking from one hell of a lot of experience. A bit of respect might go some way in getting a decent answer on here...

A

Anonymous

Jamesw said:
380 bhp my a**e!
:lol: :lol: fat boy is quite correct :wink: :lol:
at the r/r day my car "only" made 380bhp and 407lb/ft of torque.there are reasons for the low figures but i wont list them as it`ll just sound like excuses :cry:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
380bhp, how pathetic :wink: :lol:
where`s your car edd? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
i knew this thread was going to get hijacked as soon as rob posted my figures,thanks rob you tw*t!
or is that mr tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
Edd said:
380bhp, how pathetic :wink: :lol:
where`s your car edd? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
i knew this thread was going to get hijacked as soon as rob posted my figures,thanks rob you tw*t!
or is that mr tw*t :lol: :lol: :lol:
:oops: :oops: :oops: sorry mate :cry: .

just abit of fun we all know your car can and will make the 500bhp
when you get the problems sorted :wink: .

Can you pm me with your problems as I'd like to avoid them with mine :wink:.

rob

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
yeh can you pm me the problems too :wink:
it`s all down to the conservative ignition timing used with "just" optimax fuel.think sam was a touch careful after the burnt valve incident during the 1st mapping session.sam is quite positive that there is more power to be had on optimax and we hope find out soon with the new software.that`s why i didn`t want any figures bandied about until the mapping was all finished and we had a true figure.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
Edd said:
yeh can you pm me the problems too :wink:
it`s all down to the conservative ignition timing used with "just" optimax fuel.think sam was a touch careful after the burnt valve incident during the 1st mapping session.sam is quite positive that there is more power to be had on optimax and we hope find out soon with the new software.that`s why i didn`t want any figures bandied about until the mapping was all finished and we had a true figure.
What does Sam/you think the limits are for Optimax :?: .

AS I'm going for about 400/450 bhp with luck :wink: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:

imho,i`d say 450 would be the max.sams thinks we`d be able to go for another 4-5 deg of advance without it going pop.

hope you`ve budgeted for the broken diffs :cry:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
vpulsar said:

imho,i`d say 450 would be the max.sams thinks we`d be able to go for another 4-5 deg of advance without it going pop.

hope you`ve budgeted for the broken diffs :cry:
I'v just had my quaife box and transbox rebuilt by burni just in case
I also had the box plumbed with an oil cooler outlets :wink: 8) .

SO THERE :lol:

rob

Nad

500BHP on a budget has been spoken about before. Ur lookin at around 15k to cover everything maybe 20k if ur going for decent products rather than ones that will just do.

Nad