What have you done to your car today?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Got it out, cleaned it down, checked the lights. MOT,d. Next rally is the christmas stages. Forgot what a hoot it is driving to the mot station.........trying and failing to be sensible.
Jon
That's what I need to do too. - I meant to do it this week, but it seems like I'm flat-out with pointless meetings and I just haven't got around to getting the car in for the MOT.

(I fail to be sensible too... I try to stick to "safe" and hope for the best.)

Mad

Not a lot from me at the moment apart from I got the old girl Road Taxed yesterday. My alternator is fooked so replacing that next.

Next step for me is to change the turbo I'm using to make it more user friendly on the track. I was going to use nitrous to aid the turbo spool but I for the power I'm happy with (550bhp) I should be able to drop down a size from the GT3582 and get the same power but bring the spool down.

I was tempted to stick with the GT35 and push for more power but tbh, making the car more driveable around the track is more important.

My GTiR guru has the spec I need so plan to change that in the next few months.

I also have a very wide arch kit which Im not sure if going to fit or not.

Some other things I am considering is upgrading the fuel lines, putting in a fuel swirl pot in the boot but I want to get a few niggly bits done first.

STU666V

Thats a fair list there Dan.

Am stripping my blue car today and get rid of that.

Order syvecs ecu etc. Dogbox on order at the start of the year.

Not been home much this year so not got much done. Fibre glass work held me up for a while but got someone else going to do that now and that gave me time to change my mind on my car....

Bought a weld in cage now.

Going to cut the front of the car off next :) I will update my members page next year..... ;-)

Mad

Sounds good Stu.

If you go with the Syvecs, I would recommend going with the Toucan touch screen display, it gives you all types of warnings that you can set and gives you all the info you need so no other gauges are required in the car :)

STU666V

Sounds good Stu.

If you go with the Syvecs, I would recommend going with the Toucan touch screen display, it gives you all types of warnings that you can set and gives you all the info you need so no other gauges are required in the car :)
Might do?

Will get it rolling first. Going 5 stud too.
New exhaust and inlet manifolds. Never bloody ending :)

Well its out....

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Its been an interesting day at Oulton Park

Jim and I messed about with the timing and some more fine "tuning" of the fuelling map on the Nistune.
Power delivery is smooth and very addictive. XP8's worked well along with my Super Blue ATE brake fluid, although I think some rear XP8's would be a good idea to balance the bias better.

Downsides, we got a bollocking for mapping my car on the circuit and I also shredded 3rd gear in the afternoon once it dried.

Apart from that it was pretty good, however I never got to pop on my slicks!

Then drove home with only 2 gears! :hide:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
going quaife then?

bet your clutch smelt interesting....lol
Will look at getting a 3rd and 4th Quaife gears if possible, not really got the cash for a complete gear kit at the moment.

There were a few "smells" on the way home, but I kind of got the knack for slowly pulling away in 4th...

Nightmare driving down the M6 in rush hour!