What clutch for 400BHP @ 350 LBS of torgue

John

Is this reputation not just gained from the drag racing crowd, when it will indeed send some severe pressure onto the end of the casing? As for track and fast road, I have no complaints so far. :)
Broke my pedal box on just regular day to day driving without ever being launched so I would say no, but as I stated previously mine was a paddle not a twin plate.

ashills

Is this reputation not just gained from the drag racing crowd, when it will indeed send some severe pressure onto the end of the casing? As for track and fast road, I have no complaints so far. :)

guy called darren few years back smashed 2 quaifes to bits in 2 weeks driving on the road

Braveheart

I have RPS Max Street Organic fitted and it feels fine.
I did have my doubts about this clutch due to the bad press on this site but it feels fine.
It's reasonably priced too.

Grant_GTiR

Just my two cents, Ive had a right ball ache with the Helix organic, and mine was being mapped when it started slipping at about 354 bhp/ 330 odd lbs/ft torque .....

The clutch was quite new and only had around a thousand miles on it... but i am running a CES front pipe which makes the car hit peak torque at around 4000-4500 rpm (reall good bit of kit)......which could be part of the reason the clutch started to slip ?

Im now in your position as dont really want a paddle clutch but need a very strong clutch .... The clutch i was looking at is the ACT extreem Organic , see what you think ?

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?i...+XTSS&hl=en&lr=&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUK316&sa=G&um=1

I have a query, i was looking a your link and noticed the clutch was for a 200SX, sorry to be a bit naive but will this fit a Pulsar?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I have RPS Max Street Organic fitted and it feels fine.
I did have my doubts about this clutch due to the bad press on this site but it feels fine.
It's reasonably priced too.
Its a good clutch, you just have to brace or re-enforce everything around it :lol:

Marty-Gtir

I have a query, i was looking a your link and noticed the clutch was for a 200SX, sorry to be a bit naive but will this fit a Pulsar?

Yea like vizi0n said, any SR20 DET clutch will fit the Pulsar :thumbsup:
Its another option, and apparently has a quite moderate pedal feel and decent engagement due to being an organic clutch, just the pressure plate is highly uprated which is why it can hold so much torque ... but the RPS is meant to be really good

Last edited:

MINESGTIR

HKS GD PRO II from a 200sx... machine the bolt holes slightly larger and straight fit.

Rated to 500 bhp and 500 torque.... i run it ands its a superb clutch for every day...

Mine was £700 with HKS Flywheel....