well what a suprise! + THE LIST

chrisyleigh

well as you all proberly know my pulsar experiance has been a very low and down one
serviced her on sunday and found that possibly the drive draft seal might of gone , so havent drove her since then so though ill take her to a garage and finaly get an expert opion* (sorry bad spelling) on the pulsar and what a suprise on the way down another problem!!!

so high oil temperature AGAIN! i was only taking it easy aswell doing 60mph with basicly no boost.

well since the new engine its been burning oil idel and pottering about , so i thought it might of been the turbo again , been told its the guide seals?
think he means the stem seals . so nowim really baffled.

aswell as that need to
.sort the trackrod end out
.remove completely the apexi safc or make sure is properly working and adjust it accordingly.
.drive shaft seal.
.tak out the stupid bleed valve no point having it anyway because its running standard , maybe do the 1bar loop
.fit walbro fuel pump aswell

ive been advised an oil cooler. but doesnt make sences why it would just suddenly rise when was ok.
since buying this car spending like all my wages every month on it and stil not workin fine! 3months off hell! and ear ack of the missis!

anybody in local area with knowledge want to have a look aswell? or help? please :)

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

aswell as that need to
.sort the trackrod end out
.remove completely the apexi safc or make sure is properly working and adjust it accordingly.
.drive shaft seal.
.tak out the stupid bleed valve no point having it anyway because its running standard , maybe do the 1bar loop
.fit walbro fuel pump aswell
I think you need to add learning how to focus your camera to that list :lol:

Gaz gtiR

sounds like valve stems if its burning oil on idel from cold! & could be turbo going. take your tp boost pipe off above radiator & check if theres any oil in there & check shaft on turbo for any in & out play.

as for high oil temp check your thermostat is opening properly. take it out & put in some hot water! if thats fine it could be head gasket :frusty: but check the lttle things first! maybe somthing or nothing!

Gtirchris

What engine oil did you put in it buddy?, as that can affect the temps if its the wrong grade. Also do you know that the gauge is giving a true reading?, it's hard to tell from the picture as its all blurry mate. The bits you have listed that need sorting out aren't too much hassle given a little time and patience. If you're willing to travel up to Northants then I can take a look at it here at work for a fee.

chrisyleigh

well it went from 80 to being 90 on motorwawhich i though was werid but only started going above 90 if i was sitting at 80ish for a while dont do long journeys but went to 90 as normal was doing 70 ad it kept going slowly so i droped to 60mph and it stayed just under the 100 mark and i used mobil or castrol 10-40

warpspeed

I made up a tool for doing the valve stem seals without removing the head, if you want i can post it down to you? just pm me you address. You'll need the hose of a compression tester and a compressor to pressurise the cylinders as well.

Gaz gtiR

I made up a tool for doing the valve stem seals without removing the head, if you want i can post it down to you? just pm me you address. You'll need the hose of a compression tester and a compressor to pressurise the cylinders as well.
That sounds good! ill keep you in mind if i ever need to do mine. :)

bob the builder

hi chap, the joys of owning a pulsar.i am just down the road at middlewich. i am not available this weekend but might be the following one, so if you wanted to pop down i could have a look at it for you.maybe even get a couple of the jobs done at the same time.pm me

P

pulsarboby

you can also do valve stem oil seals by threading nylon rope down the plughole on piston thats coming up on compression stroke, this holds valves firmly shut and is easy to remove.
not easy to do on these engines however as the collets are so small and awquard to get back in unless you have small nimble fingers, the double valve prings also do not help.

if the oil temps are rising that high i would use a higher graded oil as mentioned as the oil maybe thinning too much and bypassing seals

but could also be turbo too as mentioned

chrisyleigh

went for a drive before nothing hard abd its defo just changed , was fine but went from 80 to 90 and now gone to 100

also as you can see my boost gauge mustent be plumed in properly as its not showing -hg but is showing boost?

dont understand how it would suddenly rise from 80 to 90 and now this ?

i put castrol 10-40 semi in it as i knew it needed a service and already spent my last wage on xmas time and my mate had this as he bought the wrong oil for his diesal the other week

chrisyleigh

the pressure has never gone below 2 aswell im guessing its because the high temp and pic took on idle about 900rpm it changes from 1150rmp to 900 but since the high temp been 800-1000

pulsarmoley

I run mine on semi 10w40 with no issues, i use cheaper oil than castrol, always have. Im pretty sure i read on here at some point that our engines dont like castrol oil, not sure if it was only gtx though, hopefully someone with more knowledge will set me straight if im wrong.

chrisyleigh

But even before this oil itall off a sudden started doing it a 90 - though she was just haveing a bad week or maybe the weather haha! But now i know its something different :s'been told something about the oil cooler? Could my apexi safc have anything to do with it maybe running to lean or rich? Im going round in circles in my head all i think about is my car no wonders the missis hates the car ! Gets more attention lmao

chrisyleigh

Why do i have to buy one with all the problems same as my astra coupe turbo i bought it spent thousands on her then sold her running perfect and sweet and now got it all over again but just worse :'(

Gaz gtiR

Why do i have to buy one with all the problems same as my astra coupe turbo i bought it spent thousands on her then sold her running perfect and sweet and now got it all over again but just worse :'(
Anything with a TURDO bolted to it is never going to stop giving you myther. but youve got to admit its worth it for the 5 mins of fun untill something else goes wrong :roll:

Im only 20 mins away from stockport mate, if ur unsure about what your doing & not sure what not to to touch & need a hand with anything i can pop over 1 nite. & check your turbo & do a compression test etc & see if we can find the problem!

Give me a shout if needed mate!

Last edited:

chrisyleigh

Cheers gaz didnt i see you at stockport cruise ill be going 2night i think so if ur there come have a quick look cheers chris