WANTED *PIC* of Red R with C/F bonnet

frp

as title has anyone got a picture of a red R with a carbon fibre bonnet on?
cheers
steve

Keira

the only one i know of has never been on the road long enough for anyone to actually get a picture :lol:

see if you can find a pic of bruces (oap-r) car he has one

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
deisel weasel said:
wasn't that taken at about the same time as the battle of hastings ? :lol:

No thats slightly more upto date photo.

Here is a pic of it back in the day on the actual battle field. They should have put that car out of its misery back then. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

MORF114

www.lightningmotorsport.co.nz were going to sell me a carbon fibre bonnet for a gtir last year and they emailed me pictures of a red gtir with the bonnet fitted you could try email them and see if they still have the pics ive checked my pc but i deleted the email and pictures the picture isnt on the website though.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
deisel weasel said:
quality... :lol:
You're a bad influence :evil: ,getting everyone to take advantage of my specialness ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

TBH,that bonnet was one of the first that SE Nissan produced and the quality wasn't very good.It kept the original bonnet catch which was what i wanted.

The FX/CX(?) bonnets seem to be of a far higher quality but i think you have to pin the bonnet.

LOU ROB

oap-r said:
The FX/CX(?) bonnets seem to be of a far higher quality but i think you have to pin the bonnet.
The CFX ones are good quality and retain the original catch, but it is advised to pin them as well because mine popped open on a run :doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
LOU ROB said:
The CFX ones are good quality and retain the original catch, but it is advised to pin them as well because mine popped open on a run :doh:
:shock:

Mines been fine so far upto the heady heights of 123mph with no bonnet pins.:lol:

This is Bruce's one at TOTB2

http://www.gtiroc.com/gallery/files/1/8/1/3/BruceSpencesGtir.jpg

Bruce, the Turini one they sent me was absolute shite too. I sent it straight back.

Last edited:

GTiR_Mic

I like the red mesh you had back then Bruce.

Very........................................chavy :lol:

Mic

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
MarkTurbo said:
Is that really Bruces car :shock: ....................................parked up with all his chav mates in their saxo's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was a Saxo shootout event he was attending at the time..

Think he's slightly confused.. :lol:

The car, owned by Bruce Spence, was tested at the Saxo day held at Alconbury. Witnessed by the Saxo Owners Club, the car recorded an amazing 0-60 time of 3.92 seconds & ran a 1/4 mile in 11.02 seconds. The car was driven by REVS magazines own test driver Dave Clarke and will soon be featured in their magazine.

Rishi

Last edited:

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
GTiR_Mic said:
I like the red mesh you had back then Bruce.

Very........................................chavy :lol:

Mic
Yeah,yeah you can all fook off :lol:

If i ever get the engine right i'll sort out the rest of the stuff that needs doing :thumbsup:

I think that was the 3rd version i got as the other 2 got sent back because they were bloody awful :evil:

Keira

oap-r said:
You're a bad influence :evil: ,getting everyone to take advantage of my specialness ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
you know im your biggest fan deep down :lol: although red mesh, what were you thinking ? :lol:

O

Odin

Don't you mean pink mesh to go with the rest of his pink pulsar :doh: :yuck: .

Rob