Using a normal sunny bonnet on a Pulsar

D

DOT2DOT

LOL - Im planing to make a 1.4 Lx replica after i get my front mount. Black bumpers, steel rims and all!!!

pulsar_stu

I know of this sunny bonnet thats for sale if anyone is interested?

It has been preped by a body shop and is ready for spraying. The vents that you see in the picture are not included in the sale of the bonnet.

pics deleted due to size, please re size

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr GTiR

B0ll0x to the sleeper look. I love my bonnet scoop and have no intention of getting rid regardless of how many chavs copy it! I know it's real and once my bro has finished the cold air scoop will be fully functional again.

The only thing i'm going to do is raise the back of it with washers or some small ally blocks.

Has any one got a pic of a black R (as if that's going to be hard to find!) with the standard bonet with the back raised up?

G

gavmc18

i gave my bodywork guy a standard bonnet ages ago to spray but also cut in some sort of air vents that werent very noticeable but will hopefully get rid of some of that heat if he was finished would post up pics but its taking him ages

gav

MarkTurbo

Mr GTiR said:
B0ll0x to the sleeper look. I love my bonnet scoop and have no intention of getting rid regardless of how many chavs copy it!
Same here, the car dosent look right without it as far as i'm concerned :crazy:

A lot of people seem to think the vent is just stuck on though :cry: I was talking to a girl in the pub the other night and apparently i was behind her for a few miles the the other night and she asked me why i put a body kit on a Nissan Sunny :evil: I gave her a right earful for that :rant:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Well i'm using the Turini Bonnet... The GTiR bonnet may be a big part of its identity but the Turini Bonnet is there for a purpose... Venting out heat and aerodynamics...

Rishi

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I'm seriously thinking of doing this as I like the sleeper look and am getting naffed off with having to put towels over the engine bay whilst washing the car and I keep getting water ingress near electrics etc.

I know it won't look like an R anymore but as has already been said, most people don't know what one is anyway and asssume its a bodykit.

If anyone knows of a black one in the NW I'd be interested. Don't mind straight swapping with a gti owner who wants the R look.

Anyone any good ideas? Failing that, down the scrappy when I get the time.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Andy, was thinking that at first as I thought the Black and white gave it a police car kind of look. I think Wayne near me has also got a white one too but I thought I'd hold for a black for the moment and take the path of least resistance.

Cheers though,
Jim

A

andrew

hi i have this on my sunny gti to go on it has a gti-r engine with front mount

here are a few pictures so u can see what my street sleeper will look like.....
drivers will think it is a 1.3 nissan sunny instead of a 300 bhp front wheel drive gti-r beast .....

picture this

pics deleted due to size, please re size

Last edited by a moderator: