Using a normal sunny bonnet on a Pulsar

S

Stoned

I've been toying with the idea of getting an ordinary bonnet and putting it on my R. My next door neighbour could most likely cut out the holes for the side vents as his job is car bodywork

I have a FMIC so I have no need for the vent and it's probably just adding extra drag.

Has anyone else gone for a normal bonnet?

If so does it fit and did you notice any problems such as greater temps under the bonnet?

Cheers

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You just raise the back of the bonnet using some washers and that will let all the heat escape...

Rishi

Fazz

tOYED AT THIS IDEA ALSO. wAS GOING TO GO FOR THE sLEEPER LOOK BUT OF COURSE THE MONGOOSE CANCELS THAT OUT!!! aND FRONT MOUNT FOR THOSE THAT RECOGNISE...

SO CHANGED MIND, AND GLAD I DID. I THINK IT TAKES FROM THE LOOK OF THE GTI-R. ISSUE OF BANZAI WHERE 9 OR 10 OWNERS DID PERFORMANCE RUNS... ONE/TWO HAD ORDINARY BONNETS AND PERSONALLY DIDN'T LIKE IT..

EACH TO THEIR OWN THOUGH, MAY BE WORTH HAVING A LOOK IN GALLERY OR MAGAZINE - THINK PROB A LINK ON HERE SOMEWHERE SO YOU CAN COMPARE THE LOOKS TO SEE.

SO A SEARCH.

Gray

I think it defines the GTI-R also but the sleeper look is still good if that is what your're after.

A

Andybtsn

Yeah, the first thing that strike's you about the R is the big vent, looks mean.

But for performance issues, it can't weigh that much?!

S

Stoned

Might take you up on that

Does anyone have any pictures of a Pulsar with a minus the cheese grater?

S

Stoned

Hmm I cant decide if I like that or not. It certainly needs the side vents replacing or it just looks like a normal sunny which wouldnt do!

Thanks for the pics

J

justin666

I like the look of the standard bonnet myself as im fed up of Nova's and reno 5's with stick on pulsar bonnet vents thinking they are my mate!!!! Do one!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

However, that vent defines the GTIR i recon and without it does the car still have the same impact? Bar the R34 Skyline the R has one of the most aggressive looking front ends on the road :twisted: :twisted:

I think A standard bonnet would look good tho if it had propper luvres (sp) in it rather than the standard side vents stuck on. I have considered this but keep talking myself out of it :? :? :? Feel free to nick my idea and show me what it looks like :-D :-D

J.

Shaun

Stoned said:
Aye, shame you didnt put it on the car finished either. Would like to have seen how it looked :(
Would have done mate,but i managed to get my hands on a Turini bonnet whilst that one was in the paint shop.

kirko

ive just bought a new standard bonnet and cut out some of the strengthening underneath and cut out and meshed a section to vent out the hot air at the back,
it has saved loads in weight and i am not too bothered about losing the big vent as more and more chavs are copying it and people just think weve stuck it on

topdoggtir

on the other site one guy is about to put a gtir lump in here with front mount

and this guy already has a gtir lump inside

and this

S

Stoned

Wonder why no one put the vents on. Not that much extra effort is it?

Doesnt look right with it compleatly ventless

J

justin666

Stoned said:
Aye, shame you didnt put it on the car finished either. Would like to have seen how it looked :(

Do you mean these Justin http://www.coollouvres.com/
Along these kinda lines.

Some louvres in place of the standard bonnet vents would not only keep the sleeper look but aid cooling as well as not look like some stuck on vents. ;-)

J.