Urgent Help!!!how Do I Get Compresion

O

Odin

serks2 said:
no its not it was a bit dead!!! so evry time we try and start it we use jump leads!

could this be the problem???

Well it wouldn't help the comp reading would it :roll: :roll: :der: .

The engine needs to be turning over a full chat to get a proper reading, Also a cold engine will always give a lower reading than a hot one.

If Allan sold you that Engine as a good en then it would of been just that, If it's f*cked now then you and your buddy have done something wrong.

Rob

serks2

Thunder God said:
Well it wouldn't help the comp reading would it :roll: :roll: :der: .

The engine needs to be turning over a full chat to get a proper reading, Also a cold engine will always give a lower reading than a hot one.

If Allan sold you that Engine as a good en then it would of been just that, If it's f*cked now then you and your buddy have done something wrong.

Rob
Me and by BUDDY never done nothing wrong to the engine!! and how could we,if it wont start!! When we used the comp tester we used jump leads so it had enough power ther for a good reading!! and i understand that a cold engine will give a lower reading! but how can we get the engine hot if it wont start! trust me nothing has been done wrong!!

The reading we got was

P1-50 psi and the rest 0 psi!! its a bit weird!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I would have had my light stick (led on the end of a thin stick) out, stick it down the spark plug hple and check the piston crown for any damage.

Did the engine come complete with distributer fitted ?

serks2

stevepudney said:
I would have had my light stick (led on the end of a thin stick) out, stick it down the spark plug hple and check the piston crown for any damage.

Did the engine come complete with distributer fitted ?

il try that tonigh mate thanks!!

it did come with the distributer.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Was the dizzy fitted already or did you fit it ?

The engine was complete with timing chain and dizzy fitted ?

O

Odin

The only time I've seen an engine give a 0 reading is when there's a hole in the piston :? , Have you tried shining a torch down the plug holes and looking at the piston's ?.

If the valve's a stuck open for some reason then that could also give a 0 reading, Have you had the rocker cover off and had a look see at the vave train ?.

Maybe the springs are broken or something:? .

Failing that the only real way to check it's condition is to take the head off and have a proper look.

At the end of the day this is what you get for not doing a proper job, ie rebuilding your own engine. That way you'd of known it was a good en .

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

serks2

stevepudney said:
Was the dizzy fitted already or did you fit it ?

The engine was complete with timing chain and dizzy fitted ?
it had the time chain!! we fitted the dizzy!

serks2

Thunder God said:
The only time I've seen an engine give a 0 reading is when there's a hole in the piston :? , Have you tried shining a torch down the plug holes and looking at the piston's ?.

If the valve's a stuck open for some reason then that could also give a 0 reading, Have you had the rocker cover off and had a look see at the vave train ?.

Maybe the springs are broken or something:? .

Failing that the only real way to check it's condition is to take the head off and have a proper look.

At the end of the day this is what you get for not doing a proper job, ie rebuilding your own engine. That way you'd of known it was a good en .

Rob
im going to try all tha tonight

Thanks for the info rob!!:thumbsup:

serks2

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
GTI-R Kid said:
From the auction page ...

or bend-a-light for looking in car doors to see linkage for opening without keys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Every toe rag should have one. :shock:
;-)

J

jpward

GTI-R Kid said:
How do ya figure? Just thought it was a funny selling point for an eBay item.:oops:
Enough people think we steal cars as it is especially the insurance folks :lol:

I was only joking though mate :p

serks2

Thunder God said:
Well maybe you've fitted it wrong and the timing is way out.

Rob

we have absolutley tried evrything now!! im so pissed !! i bloody wanna sell it now!!!! or shall i just get a re-build??