Urgent Help!!!how Do I Get Compresion

serks2

Ive been trying for a week now to try and start my R but i had no luck after all the trouble,,,i did a compresion test last night a found that there is no compresion in the cylinders!! what could have caused this???!!! can it be due to the tapits??
Im very confused i dont know what to do:? :? :cry: !! and i wanna get her started so much!! any ideas

Thanks

:)

A

AJ4

Did you remember to fit the valves ? :lol:

Sorry bud, I think you'll need to provide a bit more info before anyone can help... Did it suddenly stop working ? has it just been rebuilt ? Are you getting low compression or literally no compression at all ?

serks2

D-Fens said:
Did you remember to fit the valves ? :lol:

Sorry bud, I think you'll need to provide a bit more info before anyone can help... Did it suddenly stop working ? has it just been rebuilt ? Are you getting low compression or literally no compression at all ?

I posted a thread a few day ago!!!

Well it was a engine we fitted in two weeks ago it was not a re build just a replacment!! after the fitting we tryed to start it obviousley and had no luck!! after all the trouble we had we relized that there was no compresion at all EXCEPT cylinder 1 had 50 psi!! but the rest had none!!! when we go to start it now the engine just cranks over and wont fire up!!!! there is spark and there is fuel, someone suggested to me that it could be the tappits!! sorry for not enough info,

paz

Sounds like you've been sold a seriously fooked engine or you're not doing the test properly. And thats where my knowledge ends :( :lol:

paz

serks2

paz said:
Sounds like you've been sold a seriously fooked engine or you're not doing the test properly. And thats where my knowledge ends :( :lol:

paz

thanks for that

Very funny!!!:der:

O

Odin

Tappet problems would not give 0 compression, Ether you haven't got the comp tester wound in tight enough or you have been sold a dud :cry: .

Rob

serks2

Thunder God said:
Tappet problems would not give 0 compression, Ether you haven't got the comp tester wound in tight enough or you have been sold a dud :cry: .

Rob

i think ive been sold a bad engine!!! i got it off this site!!

paz

serks2 said:
thanks for that

Very funny!!!:der:
Why, it was exactly what rob told you just in slightly less technical terms ;)

I know in the 2.5 years I've been a member on here, I've never seen results of a compression test of 0,0,0,50 - so its clear that either the engine is seriously shagged, or you're not testing right.

Paz

paz

You'd probably be better to confirm you have a duff before casting dispersions, could come back and bite you on the ****.

Paz

serks2

paz said:

I know in the 2.5 years I've been a member on here, I've never seen results of a compression test of 0,0,0,50 - so its clear that either the engine is seriously shagged, or you're not testing right.

Paz[/QUOT

if worst comes to worst and the engine is a dud!! would it be a matter of changing the piston rings??

serks2

paz said:
You'd probably be better to confirm you have a duff before casting dispersions, could come back and bite you on the ****.

Paz
im not casting dispersions!! you was the one that told me it could be a shaged engine!

sorry if ive offended any one:oops:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
serks2 said:
paz said:

Paz[/QUOT

if worst comes to worst and the engine is a dud!! would it be a matter of changing the piston rings??
Even damaged rings would show some compression, if the test is being done correctly. Are you sure the tester is OK and your doing the test properly

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
When you bought the engine was the head in place with the cams installed.

When you attempt to start it are you geetting any backfiring from the exhaust.

serks2

stevepudney said:
When you bought the engine was the head in place with the cams installed.

When you attempt to start it are you geetting any backfiring from the exhaust.

When i got the engine the head and evrything was all in place!! it was complete!
When i go to start it,, all it does is cranks over!!! and the air filter just pumps like a heart beat!!
but it just wont fire up!