Totb x

P

pulsarboby

with this totb thing......can you bring more than one car ie a high powered car for drag and fast speed run then use a different car on the handling circuit?
as i have a plan:spy:

if this is possible and i can build a car in between now and then il need a driver whos shit hot on the drag runs to drive it.....maybe karl???
all pie in the sky at the moment but i may possibly have something in the pipeline but time is my enemy at the mo

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think if you had 2 cars you'd need to pay twice. :(

Can't you build one and take some geometry measuring kit to optimise settings between the two events? Say do half day on each then you only need to change it once.

P

pulsarboby

not really karl as one is purely built for track use where as the other car will be built for balls out straight line power and will be a bit laggy through midrange so will be mapped purely from 0 to wot....midrange or drivability wont be a factor

on trackdays or some racing events they let you change cars and drivers in the interest of your team as long as both cars conform to the rule book of said event so wondered if the same was applicable on totb

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'll pop by Daves house when I go shopping and see if I can catch him and ask him about it.

Do you have a close ratio box for the track? I don't think top speed will be a major issue as where it's normally set up it's inside say a 1/4m square (probably abit smaller even) of concrete to one side of the drag stip.

P

pulsarboby

itll be fitted with a quaiffe which will be braced the car will also be totally road legal.

no point in running a rb box as itll bang out at 125mph and big power would be wasted on it as the ratios will all be wrong so you technically would go no faster than you would if you were running under 300bhp, the box ratios will always be the governor of power achieved if you know what i mean!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What I was saying is that on the track I can't see you going over 125 in the distance available, so a normal ratio'd box would have a wasted 5th, where as an RB box would have 5 useable gears. On the strip yes the RB box would be pretty pointless with big power as it could max out before the end of the strip, although I reckon with a higher rev limit there could be a 10s pass in the RB box as Lou Rob was only at 131mph on his 11.1 and I think Mo was mid 120s on his 10s 1/4.

PS don't forget the noise limits (whatever they may be set at)

P

pulsarboby

ah i see!

with your particular car you were just outside the 11s on a stock turbo but in all honesty do you think you could have done a better time if say you had a 2871 or 2860 fitted to the car?
or would you simply not been able to change gear any quicker

with the rb's ive driven you are smack bang on the rev limiter almost immediately (and thats with stock turbo) so it boils down to how fast you can physically change gear......i never even bothered with using first otr as you was out of it in a split second with little ground covered.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think I can go faster with the GTRS fitted (2871 equivilant) as I still have 10mph to play with at the top end. However if I had an 8500rpm rev limit and max power at say 7500rpm I could go quite abit faster as currently it's a downhill slope from about 6400rpm onwards.
According to all the listed gear ratios I've seen the RB 1st is actually longer than the RA 1st.:?

This is a slightly dodgy launch (bogged abit) in monsoon conditions. CLICKY

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I saw Dave today and he said pretty much what I thought he would. You'd need to pay twice and enter the two cars seperately because if you were allowed to enter two cars under one entry the other teams would go mad, especially when you consider how much money some people pump into their cars. (I'd be surprised if there weren't some six figure cars there). Sorry.

P

pulsarboby

lol yep well was worth a try!

we should be able to enter 20 pulsars for every one of the tuners cars then that would even things up a little in the money stakes:lol:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
True. Then we could surround them with Gtirs so they can't move and we might stand a chance of winning.:lol:

P

pulsarboby

what we need is a team of saboteurs to go on a night time recky loosening wheel nuts and so forth:lol:

STU666V

Who is taking spares with them and what are they taking?

No point everyone taking the same parts?

Is it worth taking a spare box? If you break one on sat we could change it in a few hrs

Bob have you a spare box you can take a long and if anyone breaks one its up to them if they wont to pay for it? ;-)

I know this is a waste of a post as we wont need any spares :)

P

pulsarboby

yep i have a spare box il bring plus im also bringing my man lee with me for the weekend so will have a little bloke to do repairs etc without us getting covered in crap lol.
il also be taking the twin decker so we'll also be able to double that up as a lift and engine hoist should anyone need it

il bring a box of various spares including
p/s pump
crank pulley
various hoses
fuel pump
wiring
relays/fuses etc
drive belts
dizzy/coil/ignition amp and leads
afm
and the most important thing.......tie clips

STU666V

yep i have a spare box il bring plus im also bringing my man lee with me for the weekend so will have a little bloke to do repairs etc without us getting covered in crap lol.
il also be taking the twin decker so we'll also be able to double that up as a lift and engine hoist should anyone need it

il bring a box of various spares including
p/s pump
crank pulley
various hoses
fuel pump
wiring
relays/fuses etc
drive belts
dizzy/coil/ignition amp and leads
afm
and the most important thing.......tie clips
Good man ;-)

Duck tape is always good Dan :)

The stickers you have to put on are a c*nt to come off and removed some off my paint last year! I might just tape mine on this year?