Think 3rd gear has gone in PAR box

skiddusmarkus

Am still running the engine in and boost is at 0.9 bar.On a stretch of NSL D/C I was accellerating with prob 3/4 throttle after selecting 3rd gear and heard a big bang then the revs rose sharply.I could select other gears at 1st and got onto a normal road then couldn't get any.I stopped the engine and still couldn't get any gears but then magicly it went into 1st and I drove on.When I went for 3rd to test it, it just revs as if it doesn't exist any more(unles you count bits of metal)and drove fine in the rest of the gears.
So, does it sound like a blown up 3rd?Maybe the selector?I doubt its that though as I think the same selector does 3/4 gears.

Immediately prior to this I was getting a whining from what I presumed was the flywheel as it matched the revs when in neutral then stopped if I dipped the clutch.It only made this whining sound this morning.

I'm sure John Doe will find this hilarious.

red reading

another Par problem,i fix these if you are interested. Ps dont drive or start the car again as they are constant mesh gearboxes and you could break even more parts.

skiddusmarkus

Thanks Danny.I'm not going to drive it, luckily i have a garage and a daily driver.Someone had nicely put a stanley knife blade under a tyre on that one so I've just had to go and put the spare on so I can get to work tomorrow.

TBH I don't really feel too gutted.I'll probably sell the car as is, its still a non rusty shell with a massive spec even if it needs a new 3rd gear.If I don't get any interest I will look at breaking it.

shroom

lol sorry if that sounded like a dig, I was realy just anoying danny as his PAR played up on the fun day with bob and he ended up under neith the bugger all day rather than enjoy himself

skiddusmarkus

A grand?Hahah that box has been built 3 times, got 2 LSD's in it and the PAR cost aud$4800 alone.Probably about £4-5k I've spent on the box alone, shame only 80% of it works :D.

skiddusmarkus

I got them both off CMNG, the Malaysian club member a few years back, not the Modena but Nismo ones.

It got built 3 times because I don't think the 1st 2 didn't have big enough files for the PAR gears :D.

red reading

I got them both off CMNG, the Malaysian club member a few years back, not the Modena but Nismo ones.

It got built 3 times because I don't think the 1st 2 didn't have big enough files for the PAR gears :D.

Why dont you get this sorted,seem's a waste not to with the spec you have?