rossdj1983

I'll have one..

1,JPward- Elbow& front pipe - Screamer
2,Adam L - Elbow & Front pipe - Screamer
3,turbodaily - elbow @ front pipe - screamer
4,Adamski- Elbow & Front pipe- Screamer
5,rossdj- elbow and front pipe no screamer

youngsyp

Just as an update, this is the latest info I have received from Hayward & Scott:
Hi

Found some pictures and they don't look cheap I reckon that on a 5 off for the elbow you are looking at £295 and £250 for the down pipe up to the cat.

We have the jigs etc so should be OK to make without a car.

Delivery at the moment is 6 + weeks.

Ian
I like the bit where it says "they don't look cheap" ! :lol:

Seems they really don't need your custom, with that comment and those prices !

Looking forward to see JPWard's results with his contact.

J

jpward

Just to confirm again lead time should be 7-10 days and yes 3" hardly much point changing a 2.5" SS to 2.5"SS

LOL

youngsyp

jpward said:
You can weld mild to 304 with 316 rods but the problem is that when the mild exhaust heats up and it will a lot more with a non standard R paint even many layers of high heat stuff wont prevent it from degrading i know this first hand as i tried this before i got the goose and about a year or so and it was paper thin from about a 1.6mm wall tube. Then again i do live in the country so floods and muck on the road are common place.

But with installing the goose complete with SS bolts (can you tell i've a fetish for stainless :oops: ) ive never looked at it been on for near 3 years. So if i had of just not been so tight and bought the goose first time around i would not have wasted money on pipework.

I think i also read somewhere that the inner walls of stainless remain smooth causing less turbulance over time which is the main reason most sports exhausts are made from 304 I'll see if i can find it........... TBC ;-)
Plus, the pipe will corrode quicker from the inside out, than the outside in. Simply because the exhaust pipe is a very harsh environment for anything, with all those nasty combustion byproducts. Stainless steel is much more capable of standing the test of time, when compared to mild steel !

ashills

just to let u guys know ive built a elbow in the last week with a screamer pipe from the waste gate
i put a divider in so to stop some blow at idle and it sounds horrndous at idle thats before u actually drive anywhere
i will never vent a internal waste gate to atmosphere again and ill join this one back into my front pipe

turbodaily

a screamer pipe wont make no difference to noise at idle... it only makes noise when the wastegate opens and vents the gas out the dump pipe to atmosphere.

are you sure your wastegate housing isnt cracked which is why it would blow on idle?

Keira

the turbo is new, you'd be very hard pushed to get a total seal on the divider between the exhaust and wastegate.

allens sounds like a tractor on tick over, i quite liked it :lol:

nitrosgti-r

youngsyp said:
Plus, the pipe will corrode quicker from the inside out, than the outside in. Simply because the exhaust pipe is a very harsh environment for anything, with all those nasty combustion byproducts. Stainless steel is much more capable of standing the test of time, when compared to mild steel !
hmmm yeah im just looking to make mone up, kinda as a test run b4 i go ans spend money on some ss bends etc. it should work for a bit and ill be happy with that i rekon.

So just to re-cap then, whats the product on sale here? is it the one in the picture or the other one? And how much was it agian?

Just saves me time finding it all over again thats all cos im lazy 2day lol

Braveheart

jpward said:
Following on from this i was speaking to am-performance about elbows and front pipes with just a casual chat he can offer 3" elbows and/or 3" front pipes also option of screamer

Inital pricing has came back at £160 +P for both or £117 +P for just the J pipe based on 3-5 purchases which i thought was good,

So would anyone be interested as i might start a group buy? :thumbsup:
You can put me down for one of these...

1,JPward- Elbow& front pipe - Screamer
2,Adam L - Elbow & Front pipe - Screamer
3,turbodaily - elbow @ front pipe - screamer
4,Adamski- Elbow & Front pipe- Screamer
5,rossdj- elbow and front pipe no screamer
6,Braveheart- Elbow & Front pipe- Screamer

Adam L

i was thinking today, the screamer might be a bit overkill, the 5Zigen system is loud enough.

at least the 3'' pipe is going to open up the system until it hits the cat back, althought it's not going to be hard to re-route the screamer pipe back into the elbow, Dan we'll have to see how it goes on your motor first.

J

jpward

Adam L said:
i was thinking today, the screamer might be a bit overkill, the 5Zigen system is loud enough.

at least the 3'' pipe is going to open up the system until it hits the cat back, althought it's not going to be hard to re-route the screamer pipe back into the elbow, Dan we'll have to see how it goes on your motor first.
You dont have to get the screamer version you know its just a free option!!!!!

And in reply to someone asking what it is the picture is of a Elbow AND Front pipe then the elbow on its own would be the small curly bit look up "j pipe" in search should be pics there lazy boy :roll: