stainless turbo elbow

A

another sunny

i have seen stainless elbow`s on e bay for the 200sx sr20det but never seen one for the gtir. Are they available , from who and how much. I also need flexible turbo oil feed lines, same again how much etc.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Pulsar elbows are generally 1 piece as they include the downpipe. Hence more costly to make so not every 1 fancies doing one!

Performance FX are the guys to get in touch with ; they sorted mine with Janspeed. Janspeed, however, have apparently sold the jigs to another firm, but Performance FX should be able to help (01722 340099). But it WON'T be cheap (mine was £400 +)

As for the braided lines, try Rallynuts (www.rallynuts.com) or Hiteq (www.hiteq.co.uk)

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

Lionel

donpulsar said:
Pulsar elbows are generally 1 piece as they include the downpipe. Hence more costly to make so not every 1 fancies doing one!

Performance FX are the guys to get in touch with ; they sorted mine with Janspeed. Janspeed, however, have apparently sold the jigs to another firm, but Performance FX should be able to help (01722 340099).donpulsar :)

that would be my self that has the jig:thumbsup:

snoon

I think most people get custom ones made.

I have been quoted £180 - £200 to get just the elbow made from the racing line in Halifax. He said it would cost him £80 alone just to get the flange machined.

Shaun

P

pulsarboby

try what im doing.
buy a 200 sx elbow, then cut it to the correct angle and reweld it!

turbodaily

pulsarboby said:
try what im doing.
buy a 200 sx elbow, then cut it to the correct angle and reweld it!
is that the only difference? the flange is at a different angle? how much out is it then?

ta

P

pulsarboby

stumo's right!
and you cant cut it from the turbo flange and turn it, because of the ovalness of the flange.
so the pipe will need to be cut at an angle, further down then re-welded, havent got round to doing mine yet, so i will let you know if it works or not.
once ive worked the angle out, i could cut and weld loads of them, from a pattern (the hard bit is working the angle out)

carlengerer

Cutting and re welding further down the pipe at an angle (where its circular) is what id do and is a real good idea, it would come out cleaner if you are welding it yourself too...

J

jpward

Id say if you made a good jig to start with, the cutting/fabbing stage would work in easy enough

maybe it is worth sorting a Grp out who require bends or bends adjusted as i am sure s14 ones can be bought cheaper than to purchase flanges :?

Then we could see if a supplier would make a batch up no reason considering is **** easy to get one for the sx's!

J

jpward

Following on from this i was speaking to am-performance about elbows and front pipes with just a casual chat he can offer 3" elbows and/or 3" front pipes also option of screamer

Inital pricing has came back at £160 +P for both or £117 +P for just the J pipe based on 3-5 purchases which i thought was good,

So would anyone be interested as i might start a group buy? :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

jpward said:
Following on from this i was speaking to am-performance about elbows and front pipes with just a casual chat he can offer 3" elbows and/or 3" front pipes also option of screamer

Inital pricing has came back at £160 +P for both or £117 +P for just the J pipe based on 3-5 purchases which i thought was good,

So would anyone be interested as i might start a group buy? :thumbsup:

That's a very good price when you consider how much janspeed rapped people for their down pipe :doh: :evil: .

Rob

youngsyp

Hayward & Scott in Essex could make you one. I had a full system made by them so, they have a jig for the elbow and downpipe (3" diameter) from my car. And they do all the fabricating and production, in house
Again this is a modular design (separate elbow and downpipe) so, will make removal and fitment easier !

I'm sure any decent exhaust fabricator could make you one no problem, just put in a search into google for fabricators close to you !

*EDIT*

People should jump on jpward's offer of a group buy. That price is superb and, I've always thought, what's the point of putting a high flow exhaust on the GTiR, if you leave the most restrictive part, in the most restrictive place in the exhaust run !
This is one of the most effective mods for any GTiR, with any state of tune. The spool up time will decrease, throttle response will increase and power and torque should climb nicely too, due to the decrease in backpressure after the turbo and resultant 'passive' boost increase.

Last edited:
J

jpward

youngsyp said:
Hayward & Scott in Essex could make you one. I had a full system made by them so, they have a jig for the elbow and downpipe (3" diameter) from my car. And they do all the fabricating and production, in house
Again this is a modular design (separate elbow and downpipe) so, will make removal and fitment easier !

I'm sure any decent exhaust fabricator could make you one no problem, just put in a search into google for fabricators close to you !

*EDIT*

People should jump on jpward's offer of a group buy. That price is superb and, I've always thought, what's the point of putting a high flow exhaust on the GTiR, if you leave the most restrictive part, in the most restrictive place in the exhaust run !
This is one of the most effective mods for any GTiR, with any state of tune. The spool up time will decrease, throttle response will increase and power and torque should climb nicely too, due to the decrease in backpressure after the turbo and resultant 'passive' boost increase.
Can you contact Hayward & Scott youngsyp and request the same info so we can compare prices?

To be honest i dont think there would be a lot of difference from one firm to another aslong as it was a bend rather than a mitre type pipe and @ 3" anyone should see a difference.

youngsyp

jpward said:
To be honest i dont think there would be a lot of difference from one firm to another aslong as it was a bend rather than a mitre type pipe and @ 3" anyone should see a difference.
I think you maybe surprised !! My whole system cost around £850 and that's with all in house parts, including 1 silencer box. Of course, it was the first one they did so, was truely bespoke and it seems to be quite time consuming to make one from scratch ?!
They've always catered for the upper end of the market though (Porsche's and Ferrari's) so, they could explain their pricing.

Anyway, I'll contact them nonetheless and see what they say. I'll ask for a 3" elbow and downpipe, with flexi up to the cat pipe.

Cheers

Paul

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
I think you maybe surprised !! My whole system cost around £850 and that's with all in house parts, including 1 silencer box. Of course, it was the first one they did so, was truely bespoke and it seems to be quite time consuming to make one from scratch ?!
They've always catered for the upper end of the market though (Porsche's and Ferrari's) so, they could explain their pricing.

Anyway, I'll contact them nonetheless and see what they say. I'll ask for a 3" elbow and downpipe, with flexi up to the cat pipe.

Cheers

Paul
Hey paul if you've just looked out the window because you heard a thud dont worry it was only me :shock: at that kinda price i am thinking i should buy a mandrel bender! I have a friend that is kinda handy with a tig made a guy a transam pipe SS of course and only charged him £100 shame he wont look at the elbow (cant get bends to suit) :cry:

youngsyp

jpward said:
Hey paul if you've just looked out the window because you heard a thud dont worry it was only me :shock: at that kinda price i am thinking i should buy a mandrel bender! I have a friend that is kinda handy with a tig made a guy a transam pipe SS of course and only charged him £100 shame he wont look at the elbow (cant get bends to suit) :cry:
Ha, ha :)
It does seem to be quite a job to do the elbow on the GTiR. I seem to remember the guy saying it took them 2 and a half days to get the old one off ?! They didn't remove anything to make access easier so, that might explain things.

This was about 4 years ago now and they made a similar item for my GT-Four before hand. That improved the performance so much, I had to use them again.

The quality is certainly there though. Plus, they're the ones who created the original Scoobysport exhaust and used to make the exhausts for the Ralliart WRC team and the Nissan touring cars !

I'll see what they say. Who knows, they may say £200 for the two parts, now they have the jig !

Cheers

Paul

J

jpward

youngsyp said:
Ha, ha :)
It does seem to be quite a job to do the elbow on the GTiR. I seem to remember the guy saying it took them 2 and a half days to get the old one off ?! They didn't remove anything to make access easier so, that might explain things.

This was about 4 years ago now and they made a similar item for my GT-Four before hand. That improved the performance so much, I had to use them again.

The quality is certainly there though. Plus, they're the ones who created the original Scoobysport exhaust and used to make the exhausts for the Ralliart WRC team and the Nissan touring cars !

I'll see what they say. Who knows, they may say £200 for the two parts, now they have the jig !

Cheers

Paul
Cheers Paul any help welcomed

I Think with the elbow removal difficulties lie in one of the 5 bolts from memory its a bugger to remove but 2 .5days :der: