SPEEDING TICKET, DODGING

mohsan

I am sure there are ways around dodging speeding tikets, like paying people that dont use their license to take the points, or maybe using an eldery relative's license as it wont effect them.i know points come off after 3 years but i think in my case thats too long especially when owning a R and being under 25!
An alternative is to blame it on someone visiting from abroad, as ive known this to work, or someone with a international license as then they can only expect the fine and if abroad not even that.any other help?

mohsan

help

apart from keep speed down, my case was on the motorway where they had temporary road works and a speed limit of 40 mph, and i went through at 47mph! this was at m6 northbound,barthomley. less then a week later i get a N.O.I.P through the post from cheshire constabulary and i dont even remeber getting flashed.

J

justin666

Not one to make things worse but points now stay on ya licence for 4 years but most insurance companies will ask you to declare any within the previous 5 years :( Normally 3 or 4 points wouldnt make much difference to insurance premiums but seein as we drive group 20 cars im affraid it adds a fair chunk. In my case 3 points added almost £200 to my premium and im 29.!!!!

All you can do is take um im affraid..

J..

mohsan

speeding

no thats not what i want to hear, their ae ways around. like having an elderly person who has no use of his license no more.Or If anyone has had a visitor from abroad,recently. say it was them, i have known them to drop this!

paz

You can give them to someone else, thats about it now.

Plus Justin is right, they stay on your license for 4 years and you have to declare them to the insurance for 5.

I would post this again on your 27 other threads, but can't be arsed I'm afraid :lol:

Paz

J

justin666

All well and good passin it off on the elderly but what if Mr policeman comes back to you and asks for proof that the said driver was actually insured to be driving your car..????

Its not worth the hastle, Just take the points and be done with it.

J..

paz

justin666 said:
All well and good passin it off on the elderly but what if Mr policeman comes back to you and asks for proof that the said driver was actually insured to be driving your car..????

Its not worth the hastle, Just take the points and be done with it.

J..
:lol: Obviously you'd only do it if they were insured, my missus gave some to here mum so was fine :lol:

What a lovely present :lol: ;)

paz

geoff pine

camera's on the m6 road works from j16 going north are digital so no flash. mesured over the full length of the road works not just as you pass the camera there infrared so work at night. i just sit in the inside lane at 39 miles an hour and watch the muppets fly pass. thay photo the driver from the front so unless you have a twin your stuffed as thay will have you on camera at least four times. £60 is cheap as perverting the course of justice is a prison sentence :oops: :shock: and no thay never run out of film.

OZ-Racing

justin666 said:
In my case 3 points added almost £200 to my premium and im 29.!!!!
:lol: :lol: You're with the wrong company matey (unless you pay £500 FC), my insurance went down by £200 with 3 points declared at renewal, I'm also 29 :shock: :wink:

warringtonjack

Mohsan

try here for friendly advice :wink: www.pepipoo.com

It is true that points stay on your licence for 4 years, but for totting up purposes, i.e. if you are close to 12, they only count for 3 years. Which is a bonus for me!! :lol:

J

justin666

OZ-'R'acing said:
justin666 said:
In my case 3 points added almost £200 to my premium and im 29.!!!!
:lol: :lol: You're with the wrong company matey (unless you pay £500 FC), my insurance went down by £200 with 3 points declared at renewal, I'm also 29 :shock: :wink:
Last year with my points i paid 600 quid fully comp with all the whistles and bells on the policy.. I had to declare my points even tho 3 months after renewal it would have been 5 years since i got um. Got them to do me a quote without the 3 points and it was a sniff over 400 quid fully comp.!!! Toyed with the idea of taking the R off the road for 3 months but knowing my luck it would have got bloody nicked off my drive or summat plus i didnt have another car to use.

Almost every insurance company i spoke to said that if it was any other car apart from the R the 3 points wouldnt have made any difference. BUT seein as i had already been done for speedin and now owned a fast group 20 car they assume your likely to do it again hence the extra cash on the quote. Was still happy with 600 quid tho seein as its not limited milage, protected no claims, breakdown cover and recovery, EU cover etc.. :)

J..

OZ-Racing

justin666 said:
not limited milage, protected no claims, breakdown cover and recovery, EU cover etc.. :)

J..
Adrian Flux :?: :wink:

I'm still with Norwich Union direct, as Adrian Flux couldn't beat them even with the 15% membership discount :shock:

Maybe next year :roll:

deank93

Road side cash machines...sorry i mean speed cameras piss me off!!

I've held a clean licence for 11 years and my job involves 30/40K miles a year and in the last 3 months i've been busted 3 times putting me on 9 points :evil:

Its a joke....the circumstances i've been caught in, ie 60mph on a road that very few people would expect to be a 50mph limit should not warrant the level of punishment i have recieved.....i'm VERY angry and bitter about the whole thing.

W

woodster

i've got 5 points (CD10) for an accident which lost me 2 yrs NCB :cry: :cry: but when i get my R in the next few months my insurance is 1800 FC with 1 yr NCB :( :( , but.......it's worth it to drive an animal of a car :D :D :D :D :D

SunOnGTiR

I got 3 points (sp30),doing 38 in a 30 zone :evil:
Plus,I was driving my GF in her 'mera gti at the time :roll:
She wouldn't take the rap.bitch.

Don't why you lot moaning........try having a DR10 :evil: :evil: :evil:
Had to drive a sunny gti for a few years :(

Mohsan...........take it like a man.

mad max

speeding ticket dodging

i got a letter from a police force saying smile your on camera i was doing 56mph in a 30 zone ok i was caught sent off my details that was almost 10 months ago still not got my fine i think i am in the clear now well i hope

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
if u get the points/fine because you werent doing the correct speed then its your own fault - simple as, if they have your details from you speeding then you should be the one taking the blame for it! :roll:

Aimee