sluggish when warm

neil240z

there is a good chance that the knock sensor could be retarding the ignition timing, that will result in the power loss, my car is doing it at the moment sometimes. when it does this, turn it off and see if there is a little overrun or try turning the car off for abt 30 secs, the ecu will reset the timing and it will feel quick again for a short while, thanks to Kev, I have a spare im going to try which came with the car but they are a real ball ache to fit!

best of luck

neil240z

there is a good chance that the knock sensor could be retarding the ignition timing, that will result in the power loss, my car is doing it at the moment sometimes. when it does this, turn it off and see if there is a little overrun or try turning the car off for abt 30 secs, the ecu will reset the timing and it will feel quick again for a short while, thanks to Kev, I have a spare im going to try which came with the car but they are a real ball ache to fit!

best of luck
actually after reading your previous thread this is unlikely and sounds like a fuelling issue! :)

R

riske

yeah mate from reading your other problem threads and now this you need to stop thrashing it and add all your mods then take it to the rollers asap!! thenyou will have a fast nice R again.

Godzilla

right guys noticed today she keeped doing the same ,and has half a tank of petrol in when i got home after 20 mins of drving she was fully up to temp so i checked the dip stick and the oil looked full but the ran off it like water when i had it length ways(is that normal) its having oil change tomorrow anyway , i also tried turning it off and having a drive a min later this seemed to feel better but not sure also she is idleing at 1100 now instead of 900-1000 and more help would be great , thanks

ps , just let the engine cool as i burnt my fingers before on my manifold , anyway i took the dip stick out and thats what i think the smell is coming out the back and not fuel

Last edited:

Godzilla

bit of an update as it was only happening this week as we have had the sun out i thought id take her for a spin tonight when the air temp had dropped , i got the car up to full warm and she never started to idle high or feel sluggish atall , so its definatly to do with sucking hot air in or something im still going to get her on the rollers to sort out the overfueling .