Slowly losing the Pulsar love.....

John

Don't get me wrong I still love my R but I am beginning to get the urge to call it a day after 5 years and many £££££.

Once again after not turning a wheel in a month I have no rear brakes (I must have been through about 8 sets of rear calipers in my time owning the car) and I have a seriously loud grinding/screaming noise when I turn left. Oh yeah and it needs new front tyres, so yet more expense!

This is after the Christmas gift of having a blown gearbox and having to fork out for new coilovers, so things seem to be never ending.

I just feel its getting close to the time to say enough is enough as despite my plans of getting the bodywork fixed some time in the near future I just really can't be bothered sinking more money into a car which has never ending problems...

Geo3

I'm feeling the same John bodywork needs doing badly and better clutch to hit power I was aiming for! I'm very 50/50

Mr B

8 sets :-O they used/recon !? In 12 years I only had rear calliper issues once & that was due to being stationary for 2 months, biggest problem with many of the faults people are getting is from cars stood up to much & many left out in the elements, turn to scrap faster & cost you more the less you use them ...

John

8 sets :-O they used/recon !? In 12 years I only had rear calliper issues once & that was due to being stationary for 2 months, biggest problem with many of the faults people are getting is from cars stood up to much & many left out in the elements, turn to scrap faster & cost you more the less you use them ...
The car has always been used as a daily but I have always had issues with the rear brakes, when I say 8 sets I meant 8 individual so 4 sets total that I can remember. So before the brakes have just stopped working/jammed on despite daily usage and now they have jammed off despite me leaving the car chaulked and the weather being dry, just frustrating really. Obviously the loud grinding/screeching is worrying because its came out of nowhere and certainly wasnt present when I parked it up last month.

Its probably just a mood I'm in but I sit here thinking, I have been through an engine, a turbo, a gearbox, suspension and multiple other rather pricey items and yet despite the car being mechanically very "high spec" in terms of the general Pulsar it still causes me no end of hassle and the bodywork is nowhere near what I want.

The only thing that is making me stick with the current car is the fact it it's winter green, but I'm really tempted just to start searching for a A1 condition shell where someone has put all the work in and transfer everything across, then again does such a Pulsar shell exist anymore!

STU666V

My car is needing the body work sorted out too! I am going to strip her down and start a fresh. :)

Going to be a few changes ;-)

Get stuck in John.

vss irvine

theres planty clean shells left out there, stop being a fanny and get it sorted.

ive always said you cant use these as dailies and not expect trouble. i done it years ago and have never done it since

warpspeed

The car has always been used as a daily but I have always had issues with the rear brakes, when I say 8 sets I meant 8 individual so 4 sets total that I can remember. So before the brakes have just stopped working/jammed on despite daily usage and now they have jammed off despite me leaving the car chaulked and the weather being dry, just frustrating really. Obviously the loud grinding/screeching is worrying because its came out of nowhere and certainly wasnt present when I parked it up last month.

Its probably just a mood I'm in but I sit here thinking, I have been through an engine, a turbo, a gearbox, suspension and multiple other rather pricey items and yet despite the car being mechanically very "high spec" in terms of the general Pulsar it still causes me no end of hassle and the bodywork is nowhere near what I want.

The only thing that is making me stick with the current car is the fact it it's winter green, but I'm really tempted just to start searching for a A1 condition shell where someone has put all the work in and transfer everything across, then again does such a Pulsar shell exist anymore!
I have a shell i got of Martyn, needs the back arches done, i'm using it as a plug for wide-arch moulds, i'm planning on repairing the arches then fitting a set of the wide-arches to it, won't be for a bit yet though, interested?

John

theres planty clean shells left out there, stop being a fanny and get it sorted.

ive always said you cant use these as dailies and not expect trouble. i done it years ago and have never done it since
I know there's plenty of clean shells left out there but if I'm re-shelling I would be looking for a clean shell which ideally had been seem/spot welded and caged which is pretty specific as I don't see the point in re-shelling into a stock body when the car will be used more as a fast road toy/track car anyway.

Mr B

Use mine as a daily as much as I can & suitable weather/work allows & have had nothing but minor expected jobs you would get with any jap car of similar age & a lot less issues than European cars half the age ...
Tuned more for road rather than track which helps a lot but a solid build up to high 300's with sensible clutch & good box such as quaife should be reliable runner on the road & good fun without being fatiguing driving & financially crippling ...

Last edited: