Roll Cage's

• Thread starter MORRISMINOR GTI-R
  • Start date
M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

can anybody help me find a good rear roll cage for the R? any manaufactures or suppliers would be helpfull

Thanks

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

dont suppose you got any pics of them si?

how big are the 4 point ones?

are all those prices upto date? cos i might also be interseted in those strut braces.

Cheers

S

srbpower

Yep those prices are up to date :) and soz I don't have a pic of the cage, but I'll see if I can dig one up.

Si :)

J

jasegould

Cusco 6 point roll cage.....it was originally metalic blue when new. Only pic I have at the moment

S

srbpower

Though please note, as Jason pointed out. If you have a sunroof the 6 point cage will need lowering ie the struts shortening so the bars clear the sunroof.

Cheers Jason

J

jasegould

TBH its more for show than anything else :p It does stiffen it up, but affects the ride a bit, especially with the lowered suspension.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

do cusco do a 2 point one? if there is one ?

I was hoping to keep the back seats in if this is possible?

Si-are they available in stainless/polished silver ?

Cheers

S

srbpower

Hi mate, could you post on the Cusco thread please or I'll get in trouble :roll:

I'll check but I think they only come in metalic blue

Cheers

S

Sirnixalot

the Cusco cage isnt FIA approved....just thought you guys might wnat to know this

S

srbpower

It is according to the Cusco book, but it is a Jap book so I will gladly concede if I've "read" it wrong. :wink:

Cheers

Dan

Hey guys what would be the desired material for making roll cages?
Chro Molly?
Oh btw from your part of the world any idea how much would it cost for Safety Devices to fabricate a FIA spec roll cage?
Just out of curiousity.

Nad

AFAIK Safety Devices list a cage for the GTI-R which I would presume is FIA approved.

Nad

skiddusmarkus

do cusco do a 2 point one? if there is one ?
They do,it's called a strut brace :wink: .The number of points refers to how many places it touches the car and also cross bars,door bars etc.A 2 point one would just be a horseshoe shape over your head and be more dangerous than do any good
I have seen an in car brace that goes between the seat belt points and over the transmission tunnel but they're expensive for what is basically a peice of steel that looks like it's been wrapped round someones head.

S

srbpower

lol, they do a 2 point lower brace, but tbh the 4 point or Whiteline 4 point is better.

That wrapped-round-someone's-head rear brace you talk of is the Do-Luck one, at £265. But it is shiny 8)

Cheers

Dan

A

AZ STE

jase ,
Where does it mount at the front do you have to drill the floor pan?

J

jasegould

Yep, the front and centre mounts thur the floor, 3 bolts on each leg, the rears mount in the usual place thru the suspension turrets

I'm sure there are quite a few of u guys currently rebuilding your engines.
U might want to consider seam welding the chassis.
That is what i'm currently doing.

A

Anonymous

Skiddus

Wouldnt a two point horshoe cage would still stop your roof from caving in if you rolled over skiddus why do you say its dangerous????????

Skiddus have you a diagram showing where this do luck brace goes in a gtir.Is there any need to take off rear seats and does this mean that passengers at the back have to put there feet on top of this bar.Its expensive but that like saying a strutbrace in the engines just a piece of metal with flanges on either side also It something different rare and not too mad.