removal of ABS

A

AJ4

Jim - I'll be doing it myself soon, so will do a write up.

Mike - I think it only has to work if its fitted, the light in the dash has to come on and then go out after a few seconds to prove it 'works', thats why you just can't take the bulb out.

GTiR_Mic

I was having a chat with Nad the other night, he did suggest to put a loop pipe in the ABS section of the pipe work.

In theory, should that not work withought having to change the brake block.

Mic

ram5ay

Thunder God said:
RAM5AY if you can put up some pics of the non ABS brake distribution block that would be great 8) :-D , And pipe work from the master cylinder as well mate......

no worries, I'll get some pics this weekend ;-)

AJ4 said:
light in the dash has to come on and then go out after a few seconds to prove it 'works', thats why you just can't take the bulb out.
Depends how vigilant the mot tester is, mine has passed for the last 3 years like this. Not recommended but a lot cheaper than replacing the sensor.

T

tro||

GTiR_Mic said:
I was having a chat with Nad the other night, he did suggest to put a loop pipe in the ABS section of the pipe work.
there is no abs section of pipe work if you rip all that poop out so theres nothing to loop

theres 2 pipes that normally go from the master cylinder to the abs biddly bobs...then from abs to the dis block, if you bin the abs, you just go master cylinder to dis/block

piece of pish :thumbsup:

certainly not worth 3 pages of waffle :lol:

stumo

Spent this afternoon removing the brake pipes from the master cyl to the abs pump and made up some new pipes to go straight to the bias valve.

In the process of removing the pump and associated wiring from the engine bay.

A

AJ4

ripped mine out this weekend as well, piece of pi55, took about 15 minutes 8)

ram5ay

for anyone interested, if my computer skills are up to scratch here should be a pic from a non abs car,

and one from my abs kitted motor,

;-)

O

Odin

That's different from mine I'm sure, Mine's tucked right up in the corner behind the strut top, Bu I'm sue the principle is the same though.......

Rob

A

AJ4

you sure Rob ? theres no room behind the strut top to fit the pump in... mine looked like every other one I've seen ;)

O

Odin

AJ4 said:
you sure Rob ? theres no room behind the strut top to fit the pump in... mine looked like every other one I've seen ;)

Not sure I'll have a proper look tomorrow, But maybe they down sized it on the later cars ;-) , You know a bit like DVD players ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .....

Rob

A

AJ4

lol, mine is a 92, H, if thats any help. It weighed a fookin ton anyway :D

O

Odin

Did you remove the ABS ECU yet as well ?, I'm sure your's looks a lot easier to get at than mine, But maybe its just that my engine is still in lol, I've still not found a non PS rack yet .....

Rob