Rear wheelarch trim?

MarkTurbo

ard1ey said:
The side mouldings are just stuck on, there might be a small locating pin as well but can't really remember. Just be careful pulling them off and you can reuse them easily. Getting the sticky stuff off's a fun job though :?
Are you sure you're talking about the same thing :lol:

I'm on about the black rubber type bits on the arch, and they are definatly bolted on :wink:

A

ard1ey

MarkTurbo said:
Are you sure you're talking about the same thing
No, I'm on about the big thick rubber strips down the side - GAZ P asked about them a few posts ago. As I said, when my arch trims had to come off for painting I was lucky and no bolts broke, but they went back on with nylon nuts to make it easier in future. Doesn't really help if they've broke already tho :(

A thousand apologies for the confusion :D :D

mohsan

exterior

were the long plastic bits along the side easy to take off? i dont want my respray guy to be taking short cuts, i want a proper job. so gots to make sure these things are off

A

ard1ey

Yeah, just get one end up and pull. You can try using a hairdryer or something to warm up the sticky stuff to make it easier, but you'll still have fun getting it all off :D IFRC the locating pin is always at the front of the rubber strip.