Rear brake upgrade complete

Jon Olds

I'm using fiat 20V turbo front discs, machined to fit. (305*28) Does anybody know a different model of car that I can make fit on the rear? (ie larger diameter, similar offset/pcd/spigot etc)

if you look a not very big discs you can buy a front smart 280x9 discs and redrill it in 4x100 from 3x112

now I want use 300mm or bigger rear discs because on the front I want install lancer brembo calipere and 320x32 rotor

npulsar

got the beast back on road and all is well i can feel the difference
already believe it or not.
the front end dont seem to dive down as much as it did before
when i broke quite hard and its a bit more responsive.
cant give them some real jip yet as they are still bedding in.

R

riske

Interested in this. My car basically does a front flip everytime i hard break. Its like the back is trying to get in the front with me lol. Definately black. You can always paint over it with caliper paint so doesn't matter.

R

riske

I have wilwood four pots with 310mm grooved discs on front and grooved discs on the back. YOu can feel the car squirming and very light at the back under heavy braking. Would like to even things out a bit better.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I have wilwood four pots with 310mm grooved discs on front and grooved discs on the back. YOu can feel the car squirming and very light at the back under heavy braking.
Have you got braded brake lines front and rear?

npulsar

very very good..

approx price of the kit?
kit including discs and caliper bracket?
just got more info the price of the kit is 270 pounds :thumbsup:
with out pads or 300 with red stuff pads.
which is nearly 100 quid cheaper then the god speed kit.
and it will come with all fittings not like some kits iv heard about:doh:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I thought the Godspeed kit cost me £300. I'll have to check if I can find the receipt.

nickr

Can you get wheel dimension clearance's needed? ie. Inside Wheel Diameter required. I'm guessing the minimum wheel size required is a 16".

Does the repositioned rear caliper sit closer to the outside of the wheel or does it remain inline with the original position?

npulsar

Can you get wheel dimension clearance's needed? ie. Inside Wheel Diameter required. I'm guessing the minimum wheel size required is a 16".

Does the repositioned rear caliper sit closer to the outside of the wheel or does it remain inline with the original position?
hi it moves 12mm closer after bracketry
you mite even beable to squeeze a 15 on depening
on style of rim ie spokes.:?