Raising the compression?

power_GTI-R

Thats going to add alot of frontal weight to an already nose heavy car if i'm not mistaken? I think its good that people are still wanting to design/fabricate parts for our cars but is there not another choice of material you could use?

Yes, but; since its a not full housing" just the end case" it wount add the waight that you proposed,
moreover; its going to be a couple of kilos to hold a hundereds of HP's and LB's ")

abyss

as already:

other problem is that you will then transfer all the torque to the front input shaft bearing which can then push bearing and break through the poorly fabricated front main casing and that alone completely finished any ideas on getting the new tail section fabricated

the bell housing would need redesigned as already stated. If the whole gearbox was redesigned and could handle more power i do think people would pay, knowing that they have a stronger box witch would give more piece of mind.

Last edited:

power_GTI-R

i actually looked into getting the casings fabricated myself but the cost of moulding on one style of casing would have been around the figure you have quoted but each casing would have been made from an alliminium billet blockwhich would have been far better than steel and damned sight lighter aswell.
the initial cost to get the machine setup etc would have been around 10k (this would have had to have been added to initial units price) which made the whole thing financially unviable as people will simply not spend that kind of money on an old japanese rust bucket.

if the works in progress were you making alterations to the bearing housings on tailpiece or is this the WHOLE gearbox casing including the front section of box?
because the other problem is that you will then transfer all the torque to the front input shaft bearing which can then push bearing and break through the poorly fabricated front main casing and that alone completely finished any ideas on getting the new tail section fabricated
yes its the tailpiece,
why? couse the front housing supose to hold alot more than the rearend, reasons? couse the design is much better than the end case, moreover; the front housing can be easly modified with exctra welding IF NEEDED.

the fron housing will not be affected if the rear housing can hold the stress. The vipration will couse the damage in the rear case first and then the crack "in the rear case" will be extended by the input shaft and the output shaft by separation from each other.
As result of that action; the front case will be affected.

THE COST
we can make an chrome steel which will cost more than 3000 GBP, and stainles steel will cost 2500 which is too much for this car.
but the cast steel and hard steel can performed well with less cost.

Before we had cast the case, we were modifing the case from the back side (bearing side) to make sure that this "case" can hold exctra hundreds HP and tourq.

By the way; the final tesing will be on the pressure machine and then we will compare the OEM case to our new case. :thumbsup:

Empty Pockets

hi all

i am new in this forum.

I own gti-r high WHP more than 600 hp .and i know all of you guy's have a problem with gearbox case .
i read all post in this forums and in other web sit . after that i figure many people in all the world thy share us the same problem .

So now we are in progress to made our new gearbox case also we modification some little changes in case design.
But that case will be DIRECT FIT NO NEED ANY FABRICATION.

About material we have two different material cast iron and hard steel these material under testing in our work shop .

The price will be between 1200 - 1400 gbp

we are welcome any suggestion.
My apologies, from the way you described it, it sounded like you were making a complete casing, no mention of 'end casings'.

noriek2003

i have £1200-1400 gbp right here that im willing to give to somebody with only 3 posts to their name.

what country are you in ?

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

well thats two of you then if yellow weapon wants in. If we get a few more members interested i may be able to offer a boxed brick groupbuy, Will offer you 10% discount but you would have to cover paypal fee's and pay for shipping to timbuctoo, and then again from timbuctoo to you. Start a list please gents, strictly first come, first served.

snoon

i have £1200-1400 gbp right here that im willing to give to somebody with only 3 posts to their name.

My thoughts exactly......

Now I don't want to be a pr!ck, especially to a guy who sounds like he is willing to put time and effort into something which some of us need...........BUT

1. You can't speak English very well so are obviously not in the UK
2. You have only just joined the site
3. Your claim of 600WHP is a big one.......

Please do share the spec and pics of your car?

Shaun :thumbsup:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Are you from Nigeria?

How come we've never heard of your car? If must be one of the most powerful Gtirs in the world.

What do you use it for? Drag racing, daily driver etc?

Like said above, £12-1400 is unfeasably cheap. It's been looked into on here before and if you strengthen the gearcase, the bell housing then becomes the weak point. so realy you need both piece uprated and the cost becomes phrohibitive.

Is cast iron strong enough? I thought it tended to be brittle.

P

pulsarboby

yes its the tailpiece,
why? couse the front housing supose to hold alot more than the rearend, reasons? couse the design is much better than the end case, moreover; the front housing can be easly modified with exctra welding IF NEEDED.

lol thats a lot of money to spend out on a supposed untested item:doh:

assuming you are genuine and you do have a 700+bhp car @fly
surely it would be in your best interests to test the thing out properly before trying to flog the items on here

as others have said, you have come on here making bold claims and expecting people to part with a lot of money which just aint gonna happen unless theres proof that what you say works.

if your truly genuine then the best thing you can do is offer one of the casings to someone like keiron or one of the other big power drag cars and let them use it on a try before you buy basis. if it works then im sure they woud pay you for it and you would then be able to sell many other units.
if it fails then you get nothing!

good old british saying 'the proof is in the pudding':-D

Last edited by a moderator:

geoff pine

It would seam the cheapest option would be to have a small foundry sand cast a modified standard box in a better grade of aluminium. Given the down turn in work ,now may be a good time to look in to this .

power_GTI-R

After we product that case we will chose dealer in UK so you will deal with our dealer.
Wear I am from that not our discussions. But since you ask me I am from Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

P

pulsarboby

thats very weird! do you know sean who lives in saudi but is from uk and part owns an engineering company?

seems a bit weird that i was discussing this with a guy from saudi only 6 weeks ago (whilst he was back in uk) and now all of a sudden the ideas been put into motion!!!

power_GTI-R

My thoughts exactly......

Now I don't want to be a pr!ck, especially to a guy who sounds like he is willing to put time and effort into something which some of us need...........BUT

1. You can't speak English very well so are obviously not in the UK
2. You have only just joined the site
3. Your claim of 600WHP is a big one.......

Please do share the spec and pics of your car?

Shaun :thumbsup:
:-D Yes I am not from UK,
Yes I visit this forum very often (reading only)
yes, my pulsar equiped with PT 67 Turbo, ECU link G4, 1000 cc Injectors etc,
hopefully will share the video and the dyno sheet next few days 8)