Raising the compression?

gtir_pimp

yeah it was the 6 bolts. pulsarbobys sending me a driveshaft now. only running 290bhp and same torque. and like i said i was just pulling away in 1st gear at 3k rpm! i will try and get pics up when its all done. a couple of weeks back i did 2 launches, all wheels spinning like a good-un, and i dont usuallly do that so perhaps that weakend them

J

jackson1982

please help

i have tried to convert my pulsar to rwd and removed front drive shafts and i now have partial drive to rear wheels. i am not after any abuse just need some help please any suggestions would be good thanks

red reading

put the driveshafts back in,or take the diff out of the gearbox and weld it up,and remove the front diff out of the transfer box and weld the holes up for the front driveshafts,
p.s your centre diff is probabley fooked now anyway

J

jackson1982

thanks for the advice we dont have a centre diff on car there is front drive shafts and rear drive shafts all we have done is remove front shafts ie to allow all power to go to rear this has not worked as we have minimal drive to rear shafts just wondering if there is a way around this

stumo

jackson you do have a center diff, just do what red said and it'll work (sort of and for probibly not very long)

best thing to do is sell the car and buy a 200sx

J

jackson1982

thanks for your advice i will put back to normal tomorrow only drove car in and out of garage so hope no damage done.

olliecast

outstanding, lol.

If you want to do it properly, theres a lad on the modifiers is oz i think who`s done it properly

NME_RR

what is your reason to make it RWD???

Do you think it will handle better??

Do you want to drift it? (for a start there far too short in the wheel base to drift RWD)

Explain your self man!!!

bristy

first gear engaging problem

Hi folks i have an unusaul problem with my first gear, it doesnt do it all the time only now and again. after reversing out of the drive i changed gear into first lifted up the clutch and it stalled. the first gear was was engaged but as i went to pull off it was as if i had my foot on the brake and trying to pull away. After changing up to second and back to first it then engages again and thgis time i can pull off as normal. As i said it doesnt do it all the time and only after reversing.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've had that issue, where it’s like your in 5th, but you've engaged 1st.

Its struggles and then stalls due to the problem. I normally just stick it into second or third then back to first and it’s rectified itself.

My syncro's are reasonably new, so I always wondered why it does that?

NME_RR

Yea Selector Fork Bushes are buggered! Some different kits come with poly bushes/or copper ones that make gear changing really smooth to begin with but when they wear/ or fall out they can cause all sorts of problems!!

culzwright

drive problems???

hi people, im asking on behave of my brother, we were coming back from the coast yesterday in 5th gear then it jumped out of gear and seemed to be in neutral and we could here a scraping like there was something dragging on the floor, and he had no drive, but then it jumped back into gear but was making a clonking and weering sound from the front, we pulled over and drove the car slowly forward and back, it would drive a little bit then make a bang and then drive a little more? sounds like gearbox or transfer box? cheers

NME_RR

Ouch this is a long shot, but it sounds like what happened to GTIR-pimp last week.

Check all bolts are intact on the drive shafts! There should be 6 bolts on the inner CV joint, if there all intact its something more serious eg £$£$£