Raising the compression?

D

deburr

Thanks for the run down of parts...

I take it you guy's cann't see the point in tuning it to that extreme, i was asking the question due to the engine being built to the spec it is. The car is only used at the weekends so i have not got the running costs of a high powered R.

davey red.r

deburr said:
Thanks for the run down of parts...

I take it you guy's cann't see the point in tuning it to that extreme, i was asking the question due to the engine being built to the spec it is. The car is only used at the weekends so i have not got the running costs of a high powered R.
your looking at 8 /14,mile a gallon with that power mate,
so it is high running costs, its over a fiver a gallon now:x

davey

B

Big-G

Thanks for all the info guys, it needs a new clutch too so i might as well get it all done at the same time, many thanks Paul

olliecast

Big-G said:
Thanks for all the info guys, it needs a new clutch too so i might as well get it all done at the same time, many thanks Paul
then go for it mate. you now got to decide whether to refurb your current one or buy a known good / recondition box

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
deburr said:
I take it you guy's cann't see the point in tuning it to that extreme.

Many of us have tuned to the extreme! I wouldn't have it any other way.. I'm just waiting on RC to get my car setup and mapped and then I'm all done..

vss irvine

just to give you a bit of info for future ref, that 'screw thread' is an oilway, its used to stop too much oil reaching the outer seal, it turns the oil back in towards the gearbox, obviously when the car is moving forwards!
good news that youve got it done though.

davey red.r

no there wasnt many teeth left on 1st and 3rd gears,could be possibly selector fork but this wasnt the case in my situation as ive uprated fork and was, and still is in good nick

davey

B

boozyboo

i cant really remenber a great deal about mine (owned mine 6 months and drove it 7 days lol)
but im sure mine had a whine, but it come from the rear suspention or diff. it may jus sound like the box. hope i aint jus chatting poo as i aint no machanic. soz too hear u having probs (get used to it) :lol:

boo

D

deburr

RishiGTiR said:
Many of us have tuned to the extreme! I wouldn't have it any other way.. I'm just waiting on RC to get my car setup and mapped and then I'm all done..
What have you done to your car???

RC had mine for a year..

my first has always whined, aint got an louder and ive launched her lots. sometimes its abit hard to get out of reverse when cold but still going strong after 1000's of miles

azboy

never use a ball joint splitter unles ur changing the ball joint, on big vans and trucks u often dont have a choice as they done move lol

B

Big-G

Would it be worth going for a uprated gbox or just getting a rebuilt standard one? i'm planning on about 350hp and the car will be a daily driver with the occasional visit to pod for some fun ;-)

davey red.r

standard should be ok for 350,me personaly i would go uprated as i have, its just a lottery with the gtirs gearboxes some last years, some dont.
your looking at £1800 average for a second hand quaife box.

davey;-)

Adam L

I'll let you all know when my stock box gives up then, it'll take the power but it won't take massive amounts of torque. How much, i'll have to wait and see:-D

I only ever excitedly launched it twice, far a laugh, and it's still fine.

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Overboosting

I'v got a Profec B II boost controller and am having a weird problem with it. Got the car on the dyno on Monday .8bar low boost and 1.1 hi boost. I then had a wiring problem where part of the ecu got fecked so had to get another. Anyway since the new standard ECU she is overboosting.

However it's only doing it on the high boost setting. On low it sits about 0.83 and with the controller off it sits at 0.6. On High it's peaked at 1.33 :shock: and is holding well over 1.1 I am assuming the wiring prob has goosed the boost controller or is there somthing else that could be causing it?

G

gtirbhp

Is there a gain setting on your boost controller? if so i would check this and turn it down if need be as if gain is set too high it can cause the car to have very severe boost spikes i.e 1.1 bar peak hold BUT overboosting to 1.33bar when you floor it :eek:

i wouldnt use that 1.1bar setting until you resolve this as overboosting to 1.33bar is what a mate of mines car did a few times before he took note and well long story short the extra power/boost screwed his clutch a bit :( probably along with his gearbox and engine internals :(

Last edited by a moderator: