Raising the compression?

davey red.r

it doesnt look good mate, def sounds like the box ,my old standard box done the same, wouldnt select first at times, and whined ,get to the bank on tuesday to see the bank manager:lol: oh,and welcome to a bankrupt r life:cry:

davey

Last edited:

GTIR_Dan

reversing lights

My reversing lights dont work, ive checked both bulbs and changed the switch in the gearbox for a known good one. Where should i look next?

Animaldaz

must be a wiring fault then. If you connect the wiring together on the switch (ie bypass the switch)the lights should come on. Have you checked all the fuses?

GTIR_Dan

Animaldaz said:
must be a wiring fault then. If you connect the wiring together on the switch (ie bypass the switch)the lights should come on. Have you checked all the fuses?
thought about that, but theres 4 wires going to the switch so its not quite that easy

Smo

Well bud - the replacement shaft I have looks like there's a thread on it and we assumed the shafts screw out. Picture attached - if we've got the wrong end of the stick I'll be a very happy man.

youngsyp

rx jamie said:
change your box oil for some fresh 80w90 and see if it quietens down
That should be 75w90.

It will always be difficult to get into first when cold or moving, at least mine has been for the 5 1/2 years and 56k miles I've owned it.

They do whine too, but only in 1st gear and reverse.

As above, give the oil a change. Go for Castrol Syntax and see how you get on. I've read reports that it might even help with the 1st gear selection issues too. I've yet to try it but, certainly will be this year.

If the gearbox continues to whine, and get's worse, it's likely to be a bearing that's shot. That will require a strip down, refurb and re-build.

Paul

P.s. Knackered gear selector bushes can also give gear selection issues, as can 'quick shifts'.

Last edited:

warringtonjack

Big-G said:
i have a whine coming from somewhere,
Are you sure you dont have your wife/girlfriend sitting next to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALternatively, are you sure you aint got a quaife or some other aftermarket box??

D

deburr

Help required in taking my car to the next stage

Hi All,

I have not been on the site much i'm sorry to say but i could do with some advice as which way togo next with my car, i would like to hit the 500bhp mark or near as dam it. So the question is what part do i require to get there.

Spec so far:

Engine:

Rebuilt by RC devolepments for potentional 500+bhp

Forged pistons & rod
uprated head gasket
tomei cams and pully's
greddy front mount all hard piped in
power fc
exedy twin plate clutch & fly wheel
apexi boost controller
HKS down pipe and decat
kakimoto cat back exhaust
fuel pump

The rest:

Tein HA shocks
cusco braces front, rear upper and lower
nismo engine mounts
endless brakes

There is prob a load other parts i have missed off but your advice would be great.

Thank you

olliecast

mate, mine whines and has done since i got the car. i suspect that its one of the shaft bearings on its way out. TBH i wouldn`t worry about it until it goes / gets worse

Last edited:

davey red.r

oh well if rc developments say its good for 500hp,bolt a maf on get a huge gt turbo and get it remapped to 2bar,you will not be far off then,oh and you will need an uprated box too as the standard one will just melt,350bhp is more than enough for a road going r,500hp lets hope you have a massive budget then.

davey

D

deburr

Forgot to add it has already got a maf on it:doh: and my spare box is being rebuilt.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
SARD 1000cc Injectors
SARD 280L Pump
SARD/Aeromotive FPR

GT3076R Turbo
Custom manifold
External Wastegate
Custom Exhaust

Z32 MAF

Quaife/PPG/Modena Gearbox

Custom IC Pipework
Mocal Oil Cooler Kit
Koyo Radiator

That should just about do it but there maybe some things i've missed... Thats about £7500 - £8000 just for parts.. You'll need to add a fair amount of labour onto that too...

D

deburr

Why oh well??

Don't you think its capable or do you think Rc have been optimistic with there figures

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
The engine sounds like its capable but you also need all that other stuff i listed to push 500bhp out of that engine.. RC will tell you the same..