Raising the compression?

R

riske

bell up Lee on 01892 500704. Thats my local Nissan dude. He has all the part numbers and discs etc.

Joni

Same oil for gearbox and diff?

blaa blaa blaaa i'm blind and can't read the other topics and use search.....

Last edited:

gtir_pimp

driveshaft problem maybe?

just been out for a drive on this lovely day and now i have a problem. pulled away in 1st from a junction and came to a zebra crossing which i slowed for,then changed my mind and put my foot down still in 1st when i heard a small bang and lost alot of drive. its like the clutch is slipping but it hasnt shown any signs of slipping when giving it the beans so i doubt its that. i can still pull away (very slowly) but the revs climb high with the car hardly moving. i can change and select all gears but im wondering if the driveshafts or something has popped out? i had my foot on the floor and then off,then on again very very quickly and thats when it happened. anyone had this before? whats the issue? what should i look for?
please tell me its a simple/quick fix. i wana get back out driving in the sun! cheers in advance

NME_RR

Oh dear! and i just left your place, we were just talking about this lol, ,

Not sure, you may have done in the rear diff, (unlikely im just picking at straws)

doesnt sound like the gearbox, anyone else got any ideas??

NME_RR

We shud have gone for a spin first mate, ,

If it goes in to every gear and you have some kind of drive, its not going to be the gear set,

So the engine is fine producing power...... did it crunch?? as in gears and teeth falling to bits or just bang then reduced power to the wheels?

one easy way if you have 4 axle stands you can free wheel the car in gear of the road, all 4 wheels should turn with it in gear,

Also jack up one side at a time. spin the rear wheel and see if the prop shaft turns...

process of elimination

gtir_pimp

no crunching at all so im sure the gearset is ok as the clutch should be too. a very small bang and then power loss to the wheels. i have just got a trolley jack so going to do some investigating. also another mate/pulsar owner coming to look soon. he mentioned the clutch pressure plate. could that just have let go?

gtir_pimp

my mate has just told me ive snapped the driveshaft bolts! thank god for that. im happy now its nothing major. said the only bitch is getting those bolts out but shouldnt be too bad. thanks anyways.

duncan, dont suppose you got any of those bolts lying around do ya? or anyone else????

NME_RR

Try n find out what tread size n pitch they are, ive got load of stainless and hardened cap bolts if there M6 then you might be in luck,

olliecast

what power are you running to shear all of them!

some pics would be good, never heard of that before and 8 / 10 bolts should handle alot!