Raising the compression?

M

m22_pre

im @ junction 18 on the m6 so can travel anywhere really , oh rite i will look into them aswell

billy187

the racing line in halifax are meant to be very good mate, Matt there is up there with the best in the country for Mapping these cars...

Godzilla

i might give them ago then aswell halifax isnt too far away really, how long would it take them to map a car as i wouldnt really be able to leave it there a few hours would be fine but couldnt leave it ,

Imran do u have a price roughly what it costs to map the gtir

billy187

really does depend on what ecu your running mate and what you want doing.....

best thing to do is probaly give them a ring tomorrow

M

m22_pre

iv got a mines ecu at the moment, i do however have a dastek unichip that was fitted to the old engine. I am unsure weather i could run a z32 and 550 injectors with i do have an safc that isnt set up yet aswell

Mr GTiR

If your going to run the Unichip then I would suggest John Nobals in Chesterfield. As for the Mines...not sure who could do that but the only person I would recommend is Fusion Edd but he's way down South.

Godzilla

il only be running standard ecu and want it running a safe 1.2 bar also will have all the usual mods to match, was just after a rough figure of price from ppl who have had it done cos if i think its too much then i wount bother buying the rest of the mods and just leave as it is

R

riske

You do realise that you will need to fit the parts before getting it mapped otherwise the whole exercise will be pointless. To get a map you will need a remappable ECU or Chip. I have a dastek and Steve from FC tuning managed to map that to the max without causing problems. If i wanted to go further i would need a mappable ECU. Your looking at around £100 for an hours run and mapping depending where you go but for then the ECU is more.

Godzilla

yeah il be fitting everything before hand , and i need my greddy profec b setting up again and the mapping, so u cant map a standard ecu then , one more thing to the list

Empty Pockets

You can map a standard ecu mate, they put another chipboard inside your ecu to make it mappable. Your looking at around 475 for installing the circuit board, mapping the car and rolling road time. For a more accurate price why dont you phone the places you have been recommended as they are the people who know?

paz

You'd get away with just the SAFC and Greddy Profec B, you don't HAVE to have a seperate daughterboard/ecu/chip.

Paz

Godzilla

would it be a cheaper option to get a SAFC along with my greddy profec B rather than like what empty pockets has suggested, i thought it was weird as not everyone on here has a aftermarket ecu or dastek in there spec lists yet had been mapped

R

riske

I didnt mean you Godzilla, but you will be fine with what paz said for 1.2 bar

paz

All depends what you want from the car really. Mines mapped to 320bhp @ 1.2bar and runs absolutely fine without any kind of dastek/chip/aftermarket ecu etc.

The ''cheapest'' option is something like a bleed valve - as long as your fuelling is checked and ok, I've read about people over the years (and know one myself) who have run 1.1 bar with no mods other than an uprated fuel pump and a bleed valve. IIRC someone also did a test on their car and ran it for ages at something like 1.4 bar with no mapping at all.

Now before you go out and do this, I'm not encouraging it - because I'd prefer to be safe than sorry, however there other options out there apart from the all singing and dancing options that are perfectly safe.

Paz

Godzilla

I would be looking at roundabout 320-350bhp safe will get all the mods needed but don't want to be spending a fortune on it , don't want to be really cheap just don't want to spend if I don't have to , as iv got a RR print out from 2006 saying it was 257bhp at wheels leads me to belive it has been running that sort of power before even if they had taken bits off to recoup some money , ,

Riske- no worry getting confused I shouldn't of jumped in on thread but it will benifit all in same boat what I ask
Paz- u don't have a spec list of ur car do u as that's what im aiming reliably quick as stink lol

paz

I suppose the stuff that matters out of the spec is:

Engine:

HKS Iridium Spark plugs
Magnecor Competition HT leads,
Forge BOV
HKS Super Powerflow ‘Mushroom’ induction kit
Tubular manifold
Mongoose exhaust (turbo Back)
GpA fuel pump
FSE Power Boost valve
Forge Oil Separator
Mocal oil cooler
Greddy Profec-B Spec2 boost controller
Apexi SAFC-II Controller
HKS oil filler cap
Samco Coolant & Turbo hoses
Norris Designs Stage 1 Front Mounted Intercooler
HKS steel head gasket
Forge Power steering Tank
Forge Header Tank
Cusco Radiator cap
HI6 ignition amplifier
T28 Super Hybrid Turbo
Polished spark plug cover

Transmission:
AP Fast Road Clutch

All the stuff was on the car when I got it, and some isn't necessary for the power its running but is on there anyway. Some of it isn't necessary at all, such as the FSE boost valve.

Paz

Godzilla

Only really the safc,ht leads ,manifold and fuel pump that I don't have and there all on my list to get anyway so should be good for that power , could u get it to any higher or would u need to upgrade anything on ur spec ?

R

riske

I have the same set up as paz except the safc and mani but its the injectors that are at the limits at over 325-330. To get it past that you would need bigger injectors and maf and ECU. But i think 1.2bar is around 330bhp and is enough for road use without having to worry about the gearbox everytime you WOT.