Quaife boxes

A

Alex

Im not running massive power, about 300-350 BHP at 1.4 bar. Coming from a past of tuning Hondas, I know that when the shorter ratiod Integra gear box is put into a Civic for instance it completly transforms the way the car performs, im looking for just that bit more umph up to 100 or so.

W

woodster

how much for the up-rated mounts and is it someone like power flex that make them??? :?

ChrisS - i will calm down :oops: :oops: , can't afford to break them :wink: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
woodster said:
how much for the up-rated mounts and is it someone like power flex that make them??? :?

ChrisS - i will calm down :oops: :oops: , can't afford to break them :wink: :lol: :lol:

NISMO Solid Engine mounts... You're asking for trouble when you go for big power though...

Thats my opinion anyway...

Rishi

W

woodster

nismo, is there a uk suppiler that the forum would recommend???

yeah i know i'm asking for trouble driving like i do that's why i'm not driving at the min :cry: :cry: had to sell my last car i i've been on long term sick pay while having key hole surgry and physio, but all will be better soon and i get out there and purshase a good GTI-r and enjoy proper driving and working on cars again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Rishi

woodster said:
nismo, is there a uk suppiler that the forum would recommend???

yeah i know i'm asking for trouble driving like i do that's why i'm not driving at the min :cry: :cry: had to sell my last car i i've been on long term sick pay while having key hole surgry and physio, but all will be better soon and i get out there and purshase a good GTI-r and enjoy proper driving and working on cars again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Your not asking for trouble driving harshly... :roll:

You are asking for trouble by using Solid Engine mounts....

Hiteq can supply you NISMO Solid Engine Mounts - www.hiteq.co.uk - £35 + VAT each....

Rishi

W

woodster

cheers mate :wink: :D :D

i should be ok i'm hoping for about 350-370Bhp when i've finished and then i'll be a happy bunny :D :D :D :D , so the solid mounts should be alright. i think it when your talking about 500Bhp + you'd need different mounts due to the toque and twist of the engine :? :roll:

ashills

ive had a quiafe failure and quiaffe are a bunch of tossers wouldnt spit on them if they were on fire
i had a box built by bernie with a new quiafe set from him
probably did 700 miles basically went to totb ran 8 times and then home.
Was out for a drive setting up a new boost controller and then everything locked up at about 60mph the 4 and 5th had cold welded themselves to the shaft so i had to fork out for a 4th 5th and input shaft with 2nd gear on it
i spoke to bernie he couldnt say why and hes built a fair few of these so i dont doubt his work
spoke to quaife they couldnt have been less helpful if they tried said cause i was running more than 350bhp then its gonna happen basically and i said it there anyway to stop it happening and they said no not with out a certain type of bearings etc and i said can u do them for the gtir kit they said no so i was stuck with a car that may keep needing a new gearbox every 1000 miles so i said bye bye to the pulsar

Rishi

ashills said:
ive had a quiafe failure and quiaffe are a bunch of tossers wouldnt spit on them if they were on fire
i had a box built by bernie with a new quiafe set from him
probably did 700 miles basically went to totb ran 8 times and then home.
Was out for a drive setting up a new boost controller and then everything locked up at about 60mph the 4 and 5th had cold welded themselves to the shaft so i had to fork out for a 4th 5th and input shaft with 2nd gear on it
i spoke to bernie he couldnt say why and hes built a fair few of these so i dont doubt his work
spoke to quaife they couldnt have been less helpful if they tried said cause i was running more than 350bhp then its gonna happen basically and i said it there anyway to stop it happening and they said no not with out a certain type of bearings etc and i said can u do them for the gtir kit they said no so i was stuck with a car that may keep needing a new gearbox every 1000 miles so i said bye bye to the pulsar

Hmmm.... There are peeps running with serious amounts of torque with no problems... Was it one of the earlier versions of the Quaife kit...?

Rishi

Dooie Pop Pop

i thought the 1-4th gear ratio' s were shorter ChrisS? :?

in 2nd i used to get 75ph out of second now i get about 67 :?

keyboards broke no letter before n :x :lol:

Stu

ChrisS

i thought the 1-4th gear ratio' s were shorter ChrisS?

in 2nd i used to get 75ph out of second now i get about 67
Think they're longer, but slightly closer together. They are on mine anyway, but i think rishi mentioned you can get a shorter ratio box aswell.

75 in second sounds way higher than what the standard box will do :eek: The ratios have all been posted before but it takes me an age to find them with the search function :oops:

ChrisS

Quaife ratios and speeds, seek and you shall find ....

Ratios for syncro kit: 1st 2.615 2nd 1.765 3rd 1.238 4th 0.917 5th 0.741 with standard final drive.
Ratios for dog kit: 1st 3.000 2nd 2.200 3rd 1.667 4th 1.286 5th 0.920 Final drive of 4.429 or 4.067

Top Speed in 1 gear = 46.585 MPH
And changes into 2 gear at 4860 RPM dropping 2340 RPM
Top Speed in 2 gear = 69.020 MPH
And changes into 3 gear at 5050 RPM dropping 2150 RPM
Top Speed in 3 gear = 98.400 MPH
And changes into 4 gear at 5333 RPM dropping 1867 RPM
Top Speed in 4 gear = 132.846 MPH
And changes into 5 gear at 5818 RPM dropping 1382 RPM
Top Speed in 5 gear = 164.399 MPH

All at 7,200rpm on syncro box
[/quote]

Dooie Pop Pop

:lol: well i do try not too look at the clocks too closely when planting 'le boot' :lol: i find looking where i/\/\ going works better :lol:

/\/\aybe i shift up earlier now :?

jonee

r

sorry to disagree with ashills but on monday 12 sept i went to brands to a track day on the GP track :D

my brand new freshly run in for 500 mile and changed the oil twice quaife straight cut box,lost the gears whilst traveling at 130-135 approaching hawthorns :shock:

i got towed into the pits and rang them to tell them what had happened.
they did no more than drive to brands and fix the box on site.

that isnt the service you get from a company who is 5hit.

jonee

deank93

Re: r

jonee said:
sorry to disagree with ashills but on monday 12 sept i went to brands to a track day on the GP track :D

my brand new freshly run in for 500 mile and changed the oil twice quaife straight cut box,lost the gears whilst traveling at 130-135 approaching hawthorns :shock:

i got towed into the pits and rang them to tell them what had happened.
they did no more than drive to brands and fix the box on site.

that isnt the service you get from a company who is oh no.

jonee
I was there with Jonee and have to say that it not often you see that level of service.

Thank god they fixed it because it meant i got treated to a few laps....whipped a 75K porker GT3 aswell :shock: