Pulsar build off :)

STU666V

No rules, once your car is finished it should get marks out of 10 for style, engine, upgrades etc?

Highest scored car every year should get something free from the club?

johnny gtir

Good idea stu i will not spam your thread but You will be lucky getting summit out the club i have been waiting weeks for a refund and i am not no mod etc but in my opinion stu people putting the extra effort in like yourself or competing like phill bracpan, mark, and jim jjs are or were all doing well in events promoting the pulsar. I know there is a long list of people who put so much into this forum but surly it makes enough to give something littleback. I still stand by something anything simple small cheap when you renew membership each year would be nice.i know it takes alot of time to keep a forum going but still

STU666V

Good idea stu i will not spam your thread but You will be lucky getting summit out the club i have been waiting weeks for a refund and i am not no mod etc but in my opinion stu people putting the extra effort in like yourself or competing like phill bracpan, mark, and jim jjs are or were all doing well in events promoting the pulsar. I know there is a long list of people who put so much into this forum but surly it makes enough to give something littleback. I still stand by something anything simple small cheap when you renew membership each year would be nice.i know it takes alot of time to keep a forum going but still
Sounds good to me,
spam away... That what the forum needs, more posts etc
i am sure the club will have something to give away ;-) if not I am buying a evo. Haha

johnny gtir

I have a small stating advantage sorry to say lads. Its a rare black one and someone previous has fitted a hks sticker, you know if i ever sell it the ad will be mentioning its a hks model lol

red reading

The seat mounts, the pulleys, the welding and gusseting, the porting,the balancing,the building of the engine,gearbox,diffs,the exhaust,the brakes well brackets and bells.

The only part I did not fit to the car or build or rebuild was the ecu.

Now the question begs have you actually got yours running yet?

ducie54

Nice, got a build thread? Would be nice to see how you did yours.

If you read my blog u would know. Takes time when you build a car different.

red reading

I have read your thread, but not of recent ducie ( Nigel is'nt it?)

Nope I never did or do build thread, i'm to busy building them!

Your still hopeing that a cryo'd standard gearbox will last with your vvl etc spec then?

ducie54

Your post count is pretty high for someone with no time.

I went PAR. Std gears should last longer if u fix the casing issues. Did u ever build cases like you were planning on?

red reading

There is a few things going on still with the casings, post count is high because a few of us have a giggle in the evening,I normally work 7 days a week.

Par are good gear sets when built right,only critism I have is one of the earley gear sets I saw the spline section on the gear that the dog ring is pressed on to is electron beam welded and it failed on the heat affected zone.

And when you have seen as many boxes (oo er) as me you will find that no matter what you do 3rd and 4th are weak and 5th at best is mediocre.