Pulsar Blues........

snoon

I'm not even talking cash anymore - Blood sweat and tears of many men in my R. It's worthless and priceless at the same time. lol

deank93

Maybe it's time to part company with the Pulsar...if your looking at another motor you won't go far wrong in a 350z.

It might not have the sensation of speed like the pulsar but...and it's a big but...it will never let you down!

As for getting bored with it I'd disagree, front engine and rear wheel drive is as much fun as you want it to be and now is the time to buy, you can pick up a top end 313 GT spec for silly money now, they are very good on fuel given that it's a big'ol 3.5 litre V6 and reasonable money to service with 9k intervals....as for mods obviously you won't get the sort of power return per pound you get on a pulsar but by all accounts with a miltek exhaust, berks high flow cats, decent panel filters and an uprev remap you'll get much improved drivability (not that i can find much wrong with it as standard), an increase in power and a much imporved lovely V6 howl (again, not that there is much worng with it as standard).

Plently of Zed owners track them too....I had 7 years in my pulsar and loved it, but like a lot of owners I just got to the point where i was done with modding something only for someting else to go pop, it was a great car when everything was on song but as time went on it wore me down.

vss irvine

standard engine, 320-330hp. extra cooling

sort the handling and braking and you wont go wrong.

so many people have gone too far and regretted it.

STU666V

standard engine, 320-330hp. extra cooling

sort the handling and braking and you wont go wrong.

so many people have gone too far and regretted it.
If it wasnt for 700-800bhp evo's in my class i would have never removed my standard engine.

Was a great car at 330bhp :)

johnsy

dont think its boredom now. sick of spending.

out of all of them cars you've mentioned, none will put a smile on your face at full throttle like the pulsar. st220 is just a motorway car imo.

I would say half my annual miles are on the motor way,and yup im sick of spending,

lakeview

dont think the st220 is even a motorway car.most of the current range of highish power diesels from bmw or audi/vw are better than the st220 in performance and economy.well johnsy as your breaking the gtir now,what car you going to get

rob

johnsy

dont think the st220 is even a motorway car.most of the current range of highish power diesels from bmw or audi/vw are better than the st220 in performance and economy.well johnsy as your breaking the gtir now,what car you going to get

rob
No idea, And im in no hurry to choose either! gonna enjoy the my time off take it easy, make the most of the extra £300 a month im not waisting on my R'

happy days!

Georges Dad

I've had the chance to buy two Gti-r's this year and I've wimped out both times due to not being able to stomach the cash I will potentially spend...I saw one in a supermarket car park the other day and for the first time they looked old-hat to me. It looks like the love affair is over lol. I still have an interest but they have gone the way of my Yank tank obsession

lakeview

ive owned a gtir since 1999 i think im doing something wrong.out of the ones ive owned ive only broke one which was mainly due to me believing what i was told by an owner that was once on here and not getting it checked over quick enough.ive used them all as daily drivers well mainly all,and its only over the last year or so with petrol prices that its starting to cost me a lot to run one.also owned quite a few other modified cars(also had use of lot more as my brother seemed to be buying different cars every few months?)the gtir has been the most reliable by far really(other than the car i have now which has been a bit of a nightmare)
for the amount of money it will cost to get to replace or rebuild the engine on the car i think id be doing that rather than just selling up soon as you have a problem.how you spending £300 a month on the gtir if you hardly ever drive it?dont think im spending much more than that and i use mine every day

rob

johnsy

Iv had my fair share of problems over my 4 years of ownership rob, My engine was rebuilt in 08' followed by 4 clutches, and a gearbox failure oh and most recently a clutch fork failure,

I do more miles than you'd think(or used to), my insurance is £90 a month for a start,certainly does nt take many miles to do the rest in, in fuel

Dan

lakeview

be carefull of what you buy then.you mentioned golf vr6 and r32 my brother owned both r32 is a much better car(id buy one if i could afford to run 3 or 4 cars) vr6 had a few problems over the tome he owned it.the gol r32 was almost new so was ok but due to its weight things will break and wear out very fast a few friends have had vr6 4motions and the 4 wheel drive systems seems to be not robust especially if used as a track car

rob

chopper

Johnsy if you think your R was fast get on a bike and if will feel like the R was standing still! my bike is my track toy and i love it! the feeling of flying around and getting your knee down is something else.
i did my test when i was 24 and wish i had done it sooner. there reliable, 30 mpg on track at stupid speeds. dont really need to spend anythings on mods if you get a 1000cc as you'll never ride it to its limits. cheap insurance the list of pros just goes on......
Do your bike licence you wont regret it!!

P.S f**k diesels!

skiddusmarkus

I like the latest diesels, am thinking of getting one of the VAG 170bhp ones in either a Golf or Octavia, unless I can find a bargain Mk5 GTi Golf.

Jon Olds

Got a spare SRAD 750 GSXR in the garage. 98 S. Metalflake back. Carbon bits. On the button.
May deal you on R parts.
Easy way to get killed fast, if you don't know what you are doing.
Pm me