Project Shit Box (2021)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Well.... prep work has begun on getting the car ready for its engine.

20240309_174320.jpg

Spent all of Saturday rummaging through the garage finding old parts and items I need to put the car together.

20240309_183145.jpg
20240309_183156.jpg

I've also removed a number of parts for preparation work, before they are powder coated.

20240309_184714.jpg

I've also got a list as long as my arm of parts that seem to have disappeared that I will need to either find or purchase brand new from Nissan.

I'm off down to my local Nissan parts department today to find that what I can get new and what I have to scavenge from other members.

I also need to find somebody who can refurbish my alternator as it has seen better days.

20240309_184141.jpg

Otherwise, I admired my engine cover painted in Skyline Midnight Purple and complained about how many others items I'm missing and realised I'm going to be very broke for this summer! :weary:

20240309_174048.jpg20240309_174036.jpg20240309_174014.jpg

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Awesome stuff!!! getting through the wine there Andy, that's some good going
Those are empty German beers that have been in my garage since 2020.

They all are finally going back (to Germany) this year as you can recycle them for money, plus the money I get, I can buy some more!

A trip to the Nürburgring well spent! :grinning:

Cathode

Those are empty German beers that have been in my garage since 2020.

They all are finally going back (to Germany) this year as you can recycle them for money, plus the money I get, I can buy some more!

A trip to the Nürburgring well spent! :grinning:
Aha!! i just read the bin they're in. Bitburger eh?

Love the metallic fleck on the rocker. Very nice

Cathode

Last edited:

Cathode

Here are some pics of the original spare one I’ve got. If it’s in better condition than yours you’re welcome to have it if it can get your car up and running at a slightly cheaper cost until you want to get a new one.

IMG_1506.jpeg

IMG_1505.jpeg

IMG_1504.jpeg

IMG_1503.jpeg

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Here are some pics of the original spare one I’ve got. If it’s in better condition than yours you’re welcome to have it if it can get your car up and running at a slightly cheaper cost until you want to get a new one.

View attachment 4818
Drop me a PM on cost for yours as I'm waiting for a call back tomorrow morning on a price to rebuild mine, I might snag yours instead.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
So my parts came back from the powder coating shop.

Everything is looking much tidier and protected.

Hopefully it'll keep all those items in check for the next 10 years+

20240323_095657.jpg
20240323_095645.jpg
20240323_095711.jpg20240323_095713.jpg

Spent the rest of the afternoon taking my gearbox on and off adding the transfer box and taking it off.

I'm still missing a few bolts that'll I'll have to collect from a local engineering shop next week.

Just waiting for my starter motor I ordered from Ebay.
None genuine, but I asked on the OC FB page and no-one helped with that so had to order a crappy version and I just hope it lasts for a few years.

Apart from that, it's almost sorted.

I did speak to Samco Hoses earlier this week regarding the water pipes around the back of the engine and they explain that I will have to wait around about two to three months for a kit to be created!!!!!!

20240120_111211.jpg

So in the meantime, I'm looking at a local company to use my existing pipes and hopefully create/tool a silicon hose kit (2 pipes) in the next couple of weeks ready for the engine to be dropped in.

If not I'll have to order them from Samco and install them at a later date and use the old ones...

20240323_172841.jpg20240323_172858.jpg20240323_172814.jpg

Onwards and upwards.

6th April is just a round the corner!

Cathode

If you don't want to wait months, i got my water pipes from a company called Roose - roosemotorsport.co.uk - They said they had a set which was for the RNN14 but they're not really. I say that as there are some odd looking articles in the set that have no place on the Pulsar but you're not left short though. Nevertheless they do fit albeit you may need to cut some back a bit to shorten them but over all, pretty good. Not sure if they're better or worse than Samco but they do the job.

I think you can also find them on Ebay.

BTW, what injectors are you running there Andy?

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
If you don't want to wait months, i got my water pipes from a company called Roose - roosemotorsport.co.uk - They said they had a set which was for the RNN14 but they're not really.
I gave them a ring last week, but they said they couldn't help me!
Might try them again just in case.

I have got Performance Silicone Hoses Ltd looking at tooling the two pipes for me.
Hopefully they can sort it out, or worse case I'll drop those pipes off to them later this week to hopfully cobble something together!

I think you can also find them on Ebay.

I saw a kit from China on Ebay, but I'm not 100% its worth the risk, but if I'm struggling, I might have to grab that kit if it can be delivered on time!

BTW, what injectors are you running there Andy?
Denso 720cc