Price gt30-71r

Empty Pockets

Haggle with gt3 as joey said, just got my turbo/gates and a couple of dump valves off them, worked out around the same, if not cheaper than from the states.

Last edited:

icecool70

Do you realise how much work goes into the development of a turbo, the number components and the tolerances involved in manufacture? Clearly not as you think they are over priced. If you are comparing UK prices with yes we do pay more, but thats no different to anything else. Looking at buying from ATP, by the time you've shipped it and paid tax you'll prob' save around £100-150. But I'd be very suprised if Garrett want to offer you any warranty on a turbo thats not been bought from an authorised UK dealer.
I no theres prob alot of work going into them but when there paying a foreign worker min wage of around a fiver an hr its prob not costing much and they prob get all there parts from china so again costs will be low.

As for secondhand stumo i'd say 450-500 is a good price

samgtr

i paid £800 for mine which was with tubular manifold which i had to bin after cracking a few times, 4inch intake custom made metal pipe, external wastegate and braided lines , this was over a year ago.

ended up using standard manifold with a wedge spacer plate

MarkTurbo

Again what do you mean by make, do you want to cover the costs of building a facility, filling it with manufacturing equipment, paying someone to put it together and purchasers to bring the externally manufactured parts in or do you just mean the cost of the raw materials?
Ok then pick any turbo and tell us what it costs to produce? Ignore r&d, equipment etc etc, just what it cost the manafacturer in parts, materials, and labour ;-)