Price gt30-71r

antopulsar

hi lads need a guide really how much my above turbo is worth its in great condition no play in shafts and has not done thousands of miles. just a rouh guide if any one knows thanks
:thumbsup:

Jonesy

I'm selling one for £700 with actuator and braided lines, which i think is fair enough. Had a few silly offers though.

RCMini

I've been looking at buying one from atpturbo for 1,285 US dollars although I don't know about your your import taxes. 700 pounds seems pricey for a used turbo at least for this guy as I don't collect my pay check in pounds.

icecool70

What you got to remember is that sort of price for a second hand unit is alot considering you dont get warranty...i no your prob thinking well why dont you go buy new then....well i would only i dont think the cars worth spending over a grand on just for a turbo and i think that generally turbos are overpriced anyway just like everything else in this bloody country.
but goodluck with the sales

stumo

What you got to remember is that sort of price for a second hand unit is alot considering you dont get warranty...i no your prob thinking well why dont you go buy new then....well i would only i dont think the cars worth spending over a grand on just for a turbo and i think that generally turbos are overpriced anyway just like everything else in this bloody country.

So, how much do you think it's worth ?

Do you realise how much work goes into the development of a turbo, the number components and the tolerances involved in manufacture? Clearly not as you think they are over priced. If you are comparing UK prices with yes we do pay more, but thats no different to anything else. Looking at buying from ATP, by the time you've shipped it and paid tax you'll prob' save around £100-150. But I'd be very suprised if Garrett want to offer you any warranty on a turbo thats not been bought from an authorised UK dealer.

MarkTurbo

gt3 was about a year and half ago but i still got reciept
Not anymore :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Garrett-Turbo-GT3071R-Turbocharger-New-and-Genuine_W0QQitemZ130322091299QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item1e57cd4d23

Do you realise how much work goes into the development of a turbo, the number components and the tolerances involved in manufacture?
Yeah but they're still overpriced ;-) They dont cost anywhere near what most companys sell them for to produce!

gtirjoey

gt3071rr .86ar with 2.75inch inlet
they had just started out might have been why they done me a deal

mark they where around that advertised at the time just remember to haggle, we're in a recession at the moment so they will probably need all the business they can get!

Last edited:
Yeah but they're still overpriced ;-) They dont cost anywhere near what most companys sell them for to produce!
What do you mean by produce? material and manufacturing costs or the 1000's of hours of R&D that goes into developing a new turbo? I know exactly how much it costs to design a complete new turbo and also the mark up that goes on it (for both oem and aftermarket) and I think you would be suprised to know the margins are more than comparable to other automotive components. What you have to remember a lot of the time you are lining 3 people pockets when you buy a new turbo: the manufacturer, the whole saler and a distributer.

Joey - I'm pretty sure Garrett have put all their prices up since then, I also have areceipt from a couple of years ago for what would now be considered a very cheap GT3071

Fusion Ed

Few years ago I could sell for £850 i think brand new UK stock 1.0bar actuator specifically for gtir, with warranty etc but now its £980 and that's really really pushed my margins too, especially when people pay by credit card which most do so I get hit again...

davey red.r

sold my norris stage 2 3071 with manifold,cosworth actuator and elbow for £700 3month ago,to rizz off here, however this was more or less brand new, set me back£1000 but i was desperate for cash at the time.

MarkTurbo

What you have to remember a lot of the time you are lining 3 people pockets when you buy a new turbo: the manufacturer, the whole saler and a distributer.
Exactly, thats why they cost so much :lol:

Why dont you tell us how much a gt3071 costs Garrett to produce then, ignoring r & d just what it actually costs them to make 1 turbo ;-)

No idea, don't work for Garrett ;)

Thats not the point I was trying to make though. Again what do you mean by make, do you want to cover the costs of building a facility, filling it with manufacturing equipment, paying someone to put it together and purchasers to bring the externally manufactured parts in or do you just mean the cost of the raw materials?

Even taking all these costs into consideration the amount from R&D is still a high contribution, afterall turbochargers don't naturally evolve in the wild do they? It takes engineers many man hours to develope if this cost was not passed on they wouldn't last long before going under.

Trip

i know of a place who sells brand new GT2871R for £880 posted.. thats the cheapest i found at the moment.