Power FC mapping

F

fiecos dan

any one who knows wot there doin, and got the wide band afr meter to read the fuelin will do a good job. with out payin £100 an hour.

i set up my bro's pulser usin a apexi fc, and very easy and quick, took less than an hour to set fuelin perfect on full throttle and 1.4 bar boost.

12.6:1 @ 1000 to 4500 rpm
12.2:1 @ 4500 to 6000 rpm
11.8:1 @ 6000 to 7600 rpm.

gonna do part throttle in the next few weeks, but didn't really have time, and std ecu's settins should be fine, as only std c/r, head and turbo.
but once get time will trim it so runs perfect thro out.

deank93

stevepudney said:
fiecos dan said:
trim it so runs perfect thro out.
Thats where the skill is, like you say if you got the tools and wideband meter to set it up most people with a couple of onces of brain power can set up the basics but to get real good power it's down to the detailed trimming.

I might have a new contender for the mapping crown down here in Hampshire but we shall have to see how my car goes when he finished with my car on Monday.
I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on, i've got myself a HKS 3037 turbo, tubular manifold and spanky Tial external wastegate and a few other bits on the way so it would be great to find a decent mapper my side of Brum :D

nismoboy

I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on, i've got myself a HKS 3037 turbo, tubular manifold and spanky Tial external wastegate and a few other bits on the way so it would be great to find a decent mapper my side of Brum :D[/quote]

Sounds good :wink: hope u got a good gearbox lol

deank93

nismoboy said:
I'm looking forward to hearing how you got on, i've got myself a HKS 3037 turbo, tubular manifold and spanky Tial external wastegate and a few other bits on the way so it would be great to find a decent mapper my side of Brum :D
Sounds good :wink: hope u got a good gearbox lol[/quote]

Standard box, decent organic clutch, heap of sympathy and a lot of praying :D

boucherie

apparently thor in oxfordshire are supposed to be quite good at tuning the power FC. thats where alot of the gt4 boys go and they dont seem to have any problems with them from what my mates been saying.

j10gtr

apparently thor in oxfordshire are supposed to be quite good at tuning the power FC. thats where alot of the gt4 boys go and they dont seem to have any problems with them from what my mates been saying.
If its the same Thor that use a dynopac to map the cars then go there at your own peril, they know very little about the sr20det i know of one R that was detting after they mapped it and of more than 1 unhappy R customer.

I originally had my car mapped there but it felt so poor i booked it in elsewhere to get it checked. The Thor mapped was deleted after a chuckle by the tuner and the car was mapped again from scratch using the correct injector duties !!!. How the injector duties where incorrect i can hardly guess as the correct injector duties set by myslef on the commander for my injector duties had been changed for the wrong ones :oops:

After the car had been mapped correctly it felt so much better the difference was hard to believe.

I suppose i had not better go on for fear of upsetting anyone but all of the above are fact and i have proof should it be required of all of the above including an email admitting the error.

If you require any further info on this then please PM and lets keep any further discussion regarding this post off the forum.

Thanks
Paul

boucherie

like i said mate thats where alot of the gt4 boys go, but thanks for telling me bout the fact there not as familiar with the sr20det as i was unaware of that. if i go with my mate when he gets his power fc done i might have a chat with them and see if much has changed and then update on here of my findings

deank93

I might have a new contender for the mapping crown down here in Hampshire but we shall have to see how my car goes when he finished with my car on Monday
Did you get it back today:?:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Just thought I'd let you all know my news as some of you were interested

Just got my car back from Richard at Rising Sun Performance and it's hitting 397bhp and 346ftlb of torque at only 1.2 bar, needless to say I am chuffed to bits.

I would like to highly recommend Richard at Rising Sun as he has taken care to get the car spot on with the various electronic gadgets I gave him to fit and the power and torque extracted from her is testament to his skill at mapping the Power FC Pro.

nismoboy

Im using a gt2871r with 56 trim rated at 440bhp and my engine is basicly the same as yours flowed head 264 cams etc and im running 1.5 bar and i would only estimate mine at very low 400 bhp at most. Does this sound about right?