Power FC mapping

deank93

I'm looking at getting the pro version soon and will be on the look out for someone reputable to sort the mapping side of things for me in the south.

Any advice appriciated :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
RC Developments or Hiteq if i were you mate... Those are the 2 best who are closest to you anyway...

Rishi

R

robinsongtir

Dean

Come along and see me at RC shouild be there soon :wink:

pesh90

Dean.....just got the R back from abbey motorsport the guys there done a fantastic job... :lol: its another option for yeah

http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk/

speak to either mark or scott :wink:

Its about £100 per hour.

ill be posting the dyno run soon once i get a scanner :oops:

deank93

pesh90 said:
Dean.....just got the R back from abbey motorsport the guys there done a fantastic job... :lol: its another option for yeah

http://www.abbeymotorsport.co.uk/

speak to either mark or scott :wink:

Its about £100 per hour.

ill be posting the dyno run soon once i get a scanner :oops:
I tried Abbey a while back for a few bits and bobs, obviously i don't doubt there ability but i felt like i was in the way and they had better things to do....might have just been me though.

J

jiw

Yeah i think they prefer skylines :? bigger money.

RC are by far the best value for money your going to get, the cars mapped by them all seem to drive so well 8)

They will be my 1st and last choice when i need mapping

ashills

personally id ask abbey, Dan who does the mapping is one of the best mappers u could ask for of any car he maps for what the car needs doesnt want to run massive boost when its not needed and gets the best out the cars
he proved that with my evo 1 430bhp at the hubs (540ish ATF) at 1.7 bar and very driveable, there the only people who have/will do any work on my car

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I live in Hampshire and my car is at Rising Sun Perfomance at the moment, they are are between Alton and Winchester just outside Four Marks. They concentrate mainly on Skylines but have been sorting out quite a few Pulsars of late.

http://www.risingsunperformance.co.uk/index.php

They seem to have a good working relationship with Ian at Hiteq and I have also spoken to others in the game that also recomended him. After several chats on the phone with Richard the owner I went along and paid them a visit and am 110% confident they know exactly what there doing.

I droped the car off with them this morning and let them get on with fitting Z32 MAF, 600 injectors, Greddy Profec B spec 2 and a Power FC Pro, then map the car to 1.2 & 1.6 bar. The owner, Richard, (who is one of the guys doing the work) was also kind enough to lend me a car to get me home as well :) The car will be mapped in 3 stages, firstly on the road then on rollers and lastly back on the road just to double check everything.

Should have the car back by Thursday so will let you know the outcome.

I wouldn't trust Tuning Japanese or Norris Designs with a Power FC, the only person I would normally let loose with a Power FC is Ian at Hiteq but I have moved house and now 200 miles further away than I did since he last did any work on my car so I was keen to find someone down here with a good reputation as I didn't fancy going all the way up to the Cheshire area to get the car sorted out.

Anyway like I said I will keep you informed and all being well tell Richard to expect a call :wink: PM me if you have any questions.

deank93

stevepudney said:
I live in Hampshire and my car is at Rising Sun Perfomance at the moment, they are are between Alton and Winchester just outside Four Marks. They concentrate mainly on Skylines but have been sorting out quite a few Pulsars of late.

http://www.risingsunperformance.co.uk/index.php

They seem to have a good working relationship with Ian at Hiteq and I have also spoken to others in the game that also recomended him. After several chats on the phone with Ricchard the owner I went along and paid them a visit and am 110% confident they know exactly what there doing.

I droped the car off with them this morning and let them get on with fitting Z32 MAF, 600 injectors, Greddy Profec B spec 2 and a Power FC Pro, then map the car to 1.2 & 1.6 bar. The owner, Richard, (who is one of the guys doing the work) was also kind enough to lend me a car to get me home as well :) The car will be mapped in 3 stages, firstly on the road then on rollers and lastly back on the road just to double check everything.

I wouldn't trust Tuning Japanese or Norris Designs with a Power FC, the only person I would normally let loose with a Power FC is Ian at Hiteq but I have moved house and now 200 miles further away than I did since he last did any work on my car so I was keen to find someone down here with a good reputation as I didn't fancy going all the way up to the Cheshire area to get the car sorted out.

Anyway like I said I will keep you informed and all being well tell Richard to expect a call :wink: PM me if you hav any questions.
I hadn't considered Rising sun, i'd be interested in knowing how you get on mate.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Richard (the owner) seems to know his stuff and is quite well respected, apparently had a couple of cars running and did prep on a load of others at Ten of the Best this year.

He's reshimming my cams to get them spot on, fitting all those bits for me then mapping the car for around £500.

It would be great if we can find someone else down in the south of the country to sort the cars out, that way maybe it might make the other tuners sort there acts out, a bit of healthy competition never did any harm.

I should be hearing from them by tomorrow or Thursday so will post up my feelings and results.

ChrisS

Lisa Diamond works at rising sun and she was driving a 700bhp skyline at totb with their name plastered on it. It ran very nicly if i remember aswell.

deank93

stevepudney said:

How did you get on? have you got the car back yet? i'm dying to know how it feels :D

What Turbo are you running with that set up?

DEAN.

deank93

stevepudney said:

How did you get on? have you got the car back yet? i'm dying to know how it feels :D

What Turbo are you running with that set up?

DEAN.

j10gtr

I had mr powerfc mapped by Ian at Hiteq the car drives superb it pulls strong from low down the rpm range in any gear the acceleration is very strong and theres much more torque than before and theres a noticable up in the power stakes.

I would personaly get Ian to map it you know it will be right then.

thanks
Paul