pictures of gtr-i uk spec HELP

vss irvine

brigade?

i have plenty of cars that have roll cage, buckets etc etc, and believe me, its a waste if your car is THIS clean.

and it will NOT make it worth more than 5k,

anyway I wouldnt listen to tim, he shits in a garage!!!!

stumo

it has rr because its a uk model
going through the model code off the FAST disc.....

E=3 door hatchback
BY=SR20 or SR20DET
N=4wheel drive
R=right hand drive
R=GTiR
F=manual trans 5 speed
T=turbo
E=EUA....that's an area code for the UK (and sometimes other countries)
A=standard
E= power windows and auto door lock (ie central locking)
B=anti skid warning lamp
D= hood louver
E=doesn't seem to mean anything
A= 2-speaker

Tim

:lol:

Listen to those voices in your head. A roll cage will make the car safer and add value! My car was like yours when i bought it, however it is now worth 10x more because i did the right thing!

P

pulsarboby

Don't listen to the "keep it standard" brigrade! A cage, bucket seats, coilovers, brakes, etc WILL make it worth more money. Trust me ;)

tim thats a ridiculous thing to say :doh:.....as above 5-5.5k is the going rate for a 400+bhp car with quaife big turbo blah blah blah.
now to get the car to that will cost him more than that alone, so that ideas out!

if he did as you said and stripped it put the usual crap like coilies, cage, fmic, brakes etc then the car would sell for 3-3.5k but it would cost him 2k to do that so effectively hes selling at around a grand:lol: and in the process hes put off a lot of potential buyers that dont want a stripped sardine tin as a car.

leave it be theres always someone that wants a straight, low mileage clean car such as this, and they will pay a fair price for it too thats a fact!

you gotta be on a wind up tim and you do have a toilet in your garage which is used on camera:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim

But who would be stupid enough to take a perfectly standard, relativley mint gtir and ruin it by following my advice and fitting a roll cage, etc? Surely no one is THAT stupid? ;) :lol:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
But who would be stupid enough to take a perfectly standard, relativley mint gtir and ruin it by following my advice and fitting a roll cage, etc? Surely no one is THAT stupid? ;) :lol:
I'll take that challenge! :thumbsup:

saddler

tbh i know most members say leave it standard! but would like to think you can have the best of both > if its done correctly.. !! when i got my car i was thinking about putting it back to stock.. but after weeks of deep thought i come to the conclusion.. that the attraction for a Gti-r is its performance capabilities.. Car prices are only pushed up from supply and demand.. and i doubt there will be a big market for a stock Gti-r.. why not do the bits that nissan got wrong like brakes
handling intercooler. A roll cage is a big no no . or any mod that you need to chop the car to fit.. bolt on is best..

greggyboy

i agree with saddler i think more people would be interested in a nice powered R over standard power,obviousley not chopped to bits and what you do too your car should be for personal satisfaction so as long as you enjoy it what it costs you is irrelivent really but in the end its down to personal choice i suppose it would be nice to have two R's one like this one and then one that runs big power then you have the best of both R's

figz

the fact that this car is a uk spec gtir(one of 86 or so) and is so mint with so little mileage, to modify it would be criminal!!! keep it standard and hide it in a shed and bring it out to play when the weather is good!!!

pulsar350R

the fact that this car is a uk spec gtir(one of 86 or so) and is so mint with so little mileage, to modify it would be criminal!!! keep it standard and hide it in a shed and bring it out to play when the weather is good!!!

i agree to that... i would have done the same:p