Pagid Fast Road or Mintex 1144?

kyepan

hmm, i've had pagids, mintex m1144, and m1155..that may be the racing ones v is on about.

For day to day the m1155 ended up being cold at the wrong times. and took a couple of long brakes from decent speed to warm up properly. They are the best for braking of the three, and have not been able to get them to fade, but I just don't feel quite as safe knowing that my brakes may not be warm when i need them most.

The mintex m1144 bite more initally than the pagids, but under abuse seem to fade earlier.. wear rates on all three seem acceptible..

As long as you don't buy greenstuff u should be ok, if in doubt, get some better calipers and bigger discs.. wish i could afford them atm myself.

MrMischief

youngsyp said:
I used the M1144 on a previous car and wasn't that impressed. I changed them to Pagid fast road pads and they were much better. Motorsportworld.co.uk does the Pagids for £33.50 for the front set. Where as the M1144 Mintex pads are £67.91. This is 15 % less than retail. I couldn't see them from rallynuts, how much were the M1144's from them ?
Just had a look at the GTiR spares page and they do the Mintex M1144's for £60 !
Rallynuts gave me the Mintex 1144 for £47.35+vat :mrgreen:

Ooooooh....Endless pads...they must've cost a pretty penny :?:

N

n7dge

Mintex MDB1500 pads

Yes, Mintex use the same part No. as for their std. road pads. Just specify that u want them in "1144 material".

"Mintex MDB1500 pads in 1144 material"

I've had some of these on order for SIX WEEKS now, and still no sign of them !!
Apparently, mintex don't sell many for the GTIR, and only make them when they have enough orders :evil:
Get your orders in lads :idea:
Incidentally, the only other pads that I have found to work as well as 1144s, were the old mintex"M171" material (now discontinued due to Asbestos content)

N7DGE.

MrMischief

Re: Mintex MDB1500 pads

n7dge said:
I've had some of these on order for SIX WEEKS now, and still no sign of them !!
N7DGE.
Hmmm...mine took 2 days...hope they're as quick this time as I have them on order again. :?

N

n7dge

Ahhhhhh, at last !!

I waited :roll: SEVEN WEEKS :roll: in the end.
Paid 55 inc vat.

By this time had no friction material left, and the metal carrier plates were getting thin too :twisted:
Why do they charge so much for this "special" friction material :?: doesn't seem to make much difference :!: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

N7DGE.

N

n7dge

Brakes now performing very well thanks.
I had the same pads beffore, but with standard size disc. This time I've used Lockheed discs listed for the AUDI TT.
These r 312mm and just squeze inside my 16s with standard callipers.
see:-
http://www.japmobiles.com/japukmeets/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2719

Beffore this mod, the arse-end used to feel unstable (slidey) when heavy braking in corners. Not anymore :D and hard straight line braking is now awesome 8) can't make 'em fade at all now :wink:

N7dge.

A

Anonymous

I've got Mintex 1144s on my 200SX (using the full 300ZX 4-pot brake setup), and I find they're pretty good - they definitely don't fade easily.

My only complaint is that I get a lot of brake squeal, even after I dismantled my brakes and coated everything in copper grease (although they did improve a bit after that).

I've heard the Pagids are also an excellent pad, possibly not as good for very hard use though.

You could get some Ferrodo DS2500s, they're very expesive, but boy, are they good 8)

K

KrissJ

The squeel is just a characteristic of the pad though. I get loads too but I reckon its worth putting up with cos of the performance :D