Pagid Fast Road or Mintex 1144?

hmmm

I currently have EBC greenstuff pads :oops: and EBC discs. The pads will need changing soon. I have been told that either Mintex 1144 or Pagid Fast Road Pads are best.

which ones do u recommend?

thanks

kyepan

had pagids.. and mintex... M1144 every time dude.. loads more bite. less fade and wear well.. little bit more noise but hey.. can you hear it over the exaust.

Have m1155 atm, but they take a while to warm up..

hmmm

ok... so these breakes will go with the standard callipers and its ok to use them with the ebc grooved discs right?

how much are these mintex pads and where is the best place to buy them from?

if anyone has any other opinions on these brakes or would like to reccomend any other pads please do so

thanks, Imran

A

Anonymous

scared myself silly with a set of pagid pads and std brakes.would def go for the mintex over pagid.

kyepan

i think demon tweaks catalogue (the racing one) do them.. if not i don't know.

they are available for standard calipers.

A

Anonymous

I have been told by a guy who builds a races Evo's, to stay away from anything related to EBC,
like Green and Redstuff. He recommends Pagid or Mintex. (This is his personal opinion, only)
So off I went to Ears motorsport in Macclesfield to price em up!
£95 for front £97 for back PLUS VAT, how expensive's that!
Thats about £235 all in!
They also said that these would squeek, somert chronic.
Still not got any but need em urgent as I've got a track day on 19th June.
HELP!!!

Nad

I went to a local brake motorfactors and got my 1144's for like £40 IIRC

Nad

hmmm

whats the part number for the mintex pads that fit on th Pulsar?

I need the m1144. Is the part number for this mbd 1500?

thanks

K

KrissJ

I've got 1144s on the front and back and they do squeek a lot but they're excellent pads. They take a little while to warm up but when they do they stop very well. Dunno what the price is like for the front cos I've upgraded the brakes as well but the rears were about £35-£40 from my local mechaninc. He actually used to have an Evo 4 and put 1144s on and he was extremely impressed with them!

Around £100 seems very expensive, are you sure this wasn't for the 1155s?

hmmm

anyone manage to get the number for the m1144 pads?

been quoted £45 for the ,1144 part number mbd 1500 from a local shop...need to know if they are the correct ones. Is mbd 1500 right?

thanks

S

srbpower

You guys should look a little closer to home for these parts :lol:

youngsyp

I used the M1144 on a previous car and wasn't that impressed. I changed them to Pagid fast road pads and they were much better. Motorsportworld.co.uk does the Pagids for £33.50 for the front set. Where as the M1144 Mintex pads are £67.91. This is 15 % less than retail. I couldn't see them from rallynuts, how much were the M1144's from them ?
Just had a look at the GTiR spares page and they do the Mintex M1144's for £60 !

mattygti-r

ive just ordered some "endless pads" from japan will let you know how i get on cos thes Green stuffs are really bad :roll:

NISR227

To put a spanner in the works, I run the harder compound Mintex 1155's (on Hispec 285 4pots behind 15s) and i'm impressed with very little fade, if non at all.............once they've warmed up!
They squeal big time, and are awfull for the first many miles, they are also expensive (£130 all fitted) but I hate fade when driving hard so wanted the these (don't do Ferrodo's for my setup) which i'm hapy with. Just need to be carefull to start off with and ease the braking in before full working temps, which can be a damn pain.

O

Odin

I also found that the pagid pads where a lot lot better than the mintex this was on the standard caliper's though.

But saying that the mintex raceing pad's I have in my AP's are :shock: :shock: amazeing :D .

rob