OS giken Twin plate damage !

radiobar

daz

i have seen another car with exactly the same failure im afraid its a box rebuild and new clutch plate. no idea why it does it ???

Thor

i have the same problem too! what is the best now? new plates or other clutch? but which are good for over 450+???

mad max

thats why i am in to minds do i fit a os clutch or go for a clutch that will slip a little and save my box ?

antgtir

May have just been a faulty clutch, or it may have been fitted wrongly, or when sliding over the splines of the shaft its damaged the splines on the clutch and caused it to fail after a few hard launchs??

What Fast Guy says, pretty reliable clutch by all accounts.

Ant.

daz

like i said though seen two of these now on different cars inner plate worn out and the splines on the inner mashed too. sorry but too much of a co-incidence for me

Shaun

This is not the first time i've seen this,i removed an OS Giken from a car running only 1bar which had the same damage :shock: it had only been in the car for 8 months and around 2500 miles :shock: ,i also know of another 1 that has the same damage on the forum ;-) .

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Fast Guy said:
It seems to be the only clutch the big power boys use in this country.

Think you'll find that not quite true mate... Myself, Bruce, Simon Norris, ECC, Fensport all use the SuperClutch... As do many other top motorsport teams... none of them have any problems...

Most OS Gikens supplied for the GTiR are only rated to 460bhp anyway... Using more plates would spread the load better and stop this on a clutch type like that... Or just use a higher spec OS Giken twin plate clutch kit...

Rishi

F

Fusion Ed

Very interesting damage that. The forces required to do that must be amazing. Just out of interest did any of you who have had this failure put any kind of grease on the input shaft before fitting the clutch? and how did you fix the main plates into the cluch cover? were they lined up or on seperate pegs? If you dont get what I mean ill find a pic/draw a diagram.

Ed

radiobar

hi !

yes,we put some copper grease on the shaft.
and yes, if possbile please make a diagram.
but i dont see any installation problems anyway.

disc were fitted like here:
http://www.weidewaren.de/DSCF0026.jpg

by the way - how thick are the plates ? (new)

i think that we will try fo find other plates,
maybe AP or other ones.

thanks

Last edited:
T

tro||

is this a ts2b ?

they seem to be abit gay :wuss: and its appears to be a common problem with them doing strange things like that

F

Fusion Ed

Perhaps the material used for the clutch center is too soft. Its not really a clutch failure as such however is it, since the splines have failed on the one plate. It would suggest that the load is not evenly distributed between the two.

T

tro||

theres been several failures like that using the ts2b, not just in england or europe either.

its strange why the fail like that :?

Last edited by a moderator: