Oil starvation

MarkTurbo

Its quite interesting as Nissan wouldn't have put it there if they didn't need to ;)
I'm expecting it to solve the problem that i created in the first place :oops: Hopefully this thread will show people that in most cases Nissan do know best so be careful what you start taking off ;-)

Fusion Ed

SO true, most I see gone for FMIC reasons. I just 'modified' my fmic pipe (with a hammer) so that i could keep this stock!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm sure at TOTB Dave was just running an empty Guinness can:

He's taken it out to empty it in this shot (hence the pipe sticking up in the air.

I guess on a drag car it doesn't make much difference, but I'd rather put the oil back in my sump than collect it in a can. ;-)

MarkTurbo

Thought I better update this now I've been out on track and tested it out. As expected its sorted out the problem 8)

I did take the standard oil separator with me to the Sprint yesterday so I could fit it if needed but just fitting the pipe with the restrictor in solved the problem. Where I was getting nearly half a litre going into the catch tank it was down to about 5mm now which is practically nothing.

MarkTurbo

yeah cheer's danny for the info, that's ok mark anytime mate.........lol
Forgot that bit :oops: If it wasn't for you I'd still be messing about with rocker covers, extra oil drains etc. Same with my engine, had to pick your brains a fair bit when building that too.

My car would be nowhere near what it is now without your knowledge and its much appreciated 8)

MarkTurbo

It's a handful :lol:

Even though I've dropped the boost slightly its a lot quicker than it was at 1.7 bar on the 2 litre engine. I'll get next weekends Sprint out the way then hopefully put it back to 1.7 bar & get it booked in on a dyno and see what it is putting out.