New to pulsars and need advice

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
There is but seems to be pretty much inactive compared to others?
Ah! I think there's one that got started as a fan page and one that's the official one linked to this site... But no, we're not very good about cross posting stuff.

MrMischief

Looks like a decent example David, good that they've offered ramp time too, must be confident that it's a good 'un!

I'm on my second one, ran one just over ten years ago as my daily, tightened it up with poly bushes & shocks/springs, light mods to intake/exhaust/clutch/fuel pump with electronic boost control setup to 1 bar & put out 300ish bhp. In my view, that's about as much as you should do if it's more road than race car for reliability. I used it regularly on track & strip but also serviced it regularly before/after events & it never missed a beat.

My current one's a bit more hardcore but is just really a road legal track toy.

You'll not find many cars that'll match it, bang for buck. As long as you don't expect to run it on a shoe-string, you'll have a fast wee classic Japanese hatchback. :)

Davidbeck

Looks like a decent example David, good that they've offered ramp time too, must be confident that it's a good 'un!

I'm on my second one, ran one just over ten years ago as my daily, tightened it up with poly bushes & shocks/springs, light mods to intake/exhaust/clutch/fuel pump with electronic boost control setup to 1 bar & put out 300ish bhp. In my view, that's about as much as you should do if it's more road than race car for reliability. I used it regularly on track & strip but also serviced it regularly before/after events & it never missed a beat.

My current one's a bit more hardcore but is just really a road legal track toy.

You'll not find many cars that'll match it, bang for buck. As long as you don't expect to run it on a shoe-string, you'll have a fast wee classic Japanese hatchback. :)
Thank for the info. Hearing confidence from actual owners is making me more confident.

pulsar pete

I have a Honda S2000 as a daily (or an s2gay as my mates say). Personally I think pulsars are very reliable, just gearbox issues but if you're not going more than 350ish bhp there fine if you don't smash it through gears. That's just my thoughts though

Davidbeck

I have a Honda S2000 as a daily (or an s2gay as my mates say). Personally I think pulsars are very reliable, just gearbox issues but if you're not going more than 350ish bhp there fine if you don't smash it through gears. That's just my thoughts though
Great cars always wanted one but needed the extra seat

Richard_Sideways

No but car is. I'm from Hampshire
About time we had a few more down south.

One more for the checklist - has any reinforcing been done to the peddlebox mounting on the firewall? Creaking sound from the clutch peddle can be a give away but its a simple mod which can save a lot of grief (and all your peddles ending up in the footwell)

Davidbeck

About time we had a few more down south.

One more for the checklist - has any reinforcing been done to the peddlebox mounting on the firewall? Creaking sound from the clutch peddle can be a give away but its a simple mod which can save a lot of grief (and all your peddles ending up in the footwell)
Where abouts are you in the south? All peddles? Thought it was just the clutch peddle. Who can I get the nod from and is it a bolt in or weld in part??

Mad

I'm on that page, it is active for sure.

Some good people on it but I've seen a lot of bad advice being given and can leave a lot of people confused as what is right