new guy with a special car!

notorious

yeah, so those changes with some drag radials should get me some time. well we'll see anyway, looking forward to takin the car further anyway.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
They won't give you much time with the power you already have. I reckon you'd need to save about 50kg just save just over 1/10th on the 1/4.

I hope you do improve on the 10.9 that car has already done.

youngsyp

Welcome to the fold matey.

Sounds like you have some big plans for that litte car. 8)

If you need fibreglass panels, drop Bracpan (Phil) a PM. He's been making GRP bonnets and boot hatches for a good few years now. ;-)

gunmetalgtir

Fast Guy said:
There's a couple of weights for the doors, depends if it has a side impact bar or not, but I think a full trimmed up door was about 20-25kg.
A bare fibreglass door is about 6kg and lexan is about half the weight of glass. You should save a good 12kg per door.
You can get lighter bonnet (5-7kg) and hatch (5kg) as well if you want.
Feck sake your an expert when it comes to weight loss!!

Bet you could do a better job on Odin than weight watchers! :lol:

notorious

youngsyp said:
Welcome to the fold matey.

Sounds like you have some big plans for that litte car. 8)

If you need fibreglass panels, drop Bracpan (Phil) a PM. He's been making GRP bonnets and boot hatches for a good few years now. ;-)
cheers matey, i think ill have to do that!

marc

Hmmmm if its my engine its a 1.2mm cometic head gasket, ACL pistons and eagle con rods, Grant did meantion to me he was considering putting a stronger crank in it so it could take more abuse, The engine should be bomb proof!

I wont be watching because it will kill me if my old engine get that fastest time as it shoulda been me!! Hahah all the best with the project tho!

And mind you, If I ever do meet you I want a wee passenger ride ;)

notorious

marc said:
Hmmmm if its my engine its a 1.2mm cometic head gasket, ACL pistons and eagle con rods, Grant did meantion to me he was considering putting a stronger crank in it so it could take more abuse, The engine should be bomb proof!

I wont be watching because it will kill me if my old engine get that fastest time as it shoulda been me!! Hahah all the best with the project tho!

And mind you, If I ever do meet you I want a wee passenger ride ;)
already have met u bud, didnt realise who u were till andy told me, i used to work at the garage were u bought ur pulsar!!!! ill take u for a blast no worries bud. chris

marc

Hahah G, Yea?

Small world eh ? And dont you worry about that, ill be taking you up on that offer :)

notorious

no chris, i think i had a gold corsa at the time, all kitted up!!! just back from awd and we've decided on what new turbo were running, so should have a wee bit more go around her! hope that engine's a good'un lol

Keira

marc said:
Grant did meantion to me he was considering putting a stronger crank in it so it could take more abuse,
there is absolutely no need to change the crank, the standard crank will take all you are ever likely to throw at it,

marc

The bearings were already done, I made sure then engine had everything done to it to run over 500bhp, I never knew the standard crank was that strong? Ah well its the only thing Grant mentioned that he was going to do, He might have said that he was going to put Nismo's original head on my engine aswell, as mines was standard, Im pretty sure it will be a quick engine.

When it was first started up Grant had a few nice things to say about it like it was one of the quietest engines he had heard etc, So im sure it will be all good.

You will need to give me a shout when you take it up crail, I would love to see it go, or even better yet up KH if your going that route aswell.

All in all I spent near 6k on the engine, gearbox and engine, so my loss is your gain, all the best with it :)

John

Nice! I was speaking Andy from AWD last week and it seems you got a bit of a bargain :thumbsup:

Anyway heres hoping the project goes to plan.