new guy with a special car!

notorious

hiya guys, just thought id sign up and say hello, had my first pulsar when i was 19 then moved on to a scooby wrx, after a long chat with the good guys at awd about building a mega impreza, i struck a deal with grant to buy the awd pulsar! so expect to see it back at crail, and down south next year. cheers chris

O

Odin

Welcome to the club fella, I know the car well.

Where abouts in jockland do you live ?.

Rob

Braveheart

notorious said:
hiya guys, just thought id sign up and say hello, had my first pulsar when i was 19 then moved on to a scooby wrx, after a long chat with the good guys at awd about building a mega impreza, i struck a deal with grant to buy the awd pulsar! so expect to see it back at crail, and down south next year. cheers chris
Welcome mate... and good to see you will be puting the R use. :thumbsup:
I may need to have a chat with Grant over the winter. ;-)
Do you think you will track it... ;-)

notorious

well the plan is to try get into totb next year so the handling circuit is something we have to look at, as for full on track use, once i save some more pennies and get the standard box replaced with something a bit stronger, then yeah, why the hell not!

O

Odin

notorious said:
cheers mate, in fife. heading up to awd on Saturday to talk about the next stage of the cars development

Sounds good 8) , I live up in Abderdeenshire.

I'll be getting my car back on the 30th when i go down and pick it up from Newcastle after having a few little mods done ;-) :lol: :lol: .

Then off to Wallace Performance to get all my goodies fitted and ran in on the rollers.

Rob

notorious

nice one sounds good buddy. so whats the quickest gtir nowadays?? been away for a while and not up to speed!!! or have i just opend a can of worms!

O

Odin

notorious said:
nice one sounds good buddy. so whats the quickest gtir nowadays??!
one of the guys got a 10.9 1/4 mile at ten of the best I believe, And plenty of 11's now days as well.

Rob

Braveheart

notorious said:
well the plan is to try get into totb next year so the handling circuit is something we have to look at, as for full on track use, once i save some more pennies and get the standard box replaced with something a bit stronger, then yeah, why the hell not!
Good on you!
Yes, it will not be cheap..... start saving totb has some real competitors and it would be nice to see an R up there. :thumbsup:
You could get some track time on 9th Dec at Knockhill..... maybe see you there. ;-)

notorious

good stuff, im not aimin to even come close, just competing at totb would be a dream, im only 22 guys, got plenty of time. car wont be ready for december, be early next year before we get some testing done

Braveheart

notorious said:
good stuff, im not aimin to even come close, just competing at totb would be a dream, im only 22 guys, got plenty of time. car wont be ready for december, be early next year before we get some testing done
If I can share testing time and spread the expense count me in and I'm sure we shall rub shoulders in the near future.... ;-)

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Whats the spec of the car these days? Last i saw it was on a GT3071R running 1.7bar but then i heard Grant bought a ready built forged engine from somone..

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I heard they were planning on a come back, bigger and better? Has he got another car or is he not doing that?

You'll need to be road legal for TOTB.

notorious

yeah, car is now running a fully forged bottom end, and yes it came out of marks car. still has the piper cams hks headgasketetc, still with the gt30 turbo, basically i want to see how far i can push it in this spec, as the car is still running glass window and metal doors, so with some lightwieght panels and possibly some drag radials we can hopefully get that 10.9 down a bit, then concentrate on the turbo side of things. as for totb no idea how were going to go about that, as runnin in the unlimited class would be pointless

notorious

yeah it is light, but not that light, so with fiberglass doors and polycarbonite windows should save a bit more wieght. what kind of wieght is in the doors and glass??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There's a couple of weights for the doors, depends if it has a side impact bar or not, but I think a full trimmed up door was about 20-25kg.
A bare fibreglass door is about 6kg and lexan is about half the weight of glass. You should save a good 12kg per door.
You can get lighter bonnet (5-7kg) and hatch (5kg) as well if you want.