my next brake problem

Dooie Pop Pop

its not glazing Carl its like there' s a brick under the brake pedal and it doesn' t feel normal underfoot. it only goes down so far and its solid about half way:?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm sure mine's similar to that. My pedal is very hard, but it still brakes OK.

Nothing stuck under your pedal?

If it wasn't glazing, I'd say it was the servo or related vacuum, but you appear to have checked that.

Dooie Pop Pop

Fast Guy said:
I'm sure mine's similar to that. My pedal is very hard, but it still brakes OK.

Nothing stuck under your pedal?
.............................because its you i' ll even go and check:-D

rayman75

what happen to the EVO setup you was going for?

with all that power that thing has got get is sorted asap:-D and get it lowerd at the sametime aswell.;-)

Dooie Pop Pop

rayman75 said:
what happen to the EVO setup you was going for?

with all that power that thing has got get is sorted asap:-D and get it lowerd at the sametime aswell.;-)
evo calipers are totally pointless if there' s no braking power in the first place;-) :lol: i lowered it a few months ago when i fitted my whiteline rear arb and gabs:-D i just wanted to keep it simple for the mot mate and to fit those calipers you need to drill the bolt holes hubside because the evo calipers have a larger retaining bolt(s) knowing me i' ll only :mong: it up and have to source new hubs:doh:

i was hoping on making a suprise visit at Allans RR day on sat but i think that idea is going to go poo shaped:roll:

Carl, quite unsurprisingly there was nothing stuck under the pedal......;-) and its not because i over tightened my mastercylinder stopper either lol :(

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

if that new brake bias valve dont work stu, then the only other thing i can possibly think of is that theres a kink in one of those brake pipes somewhere on the bulkhead, so check those aswell to make sure.

really baffled by these brakes, never had one i couldnt sort out upto this. very strange indeed

are you sure you havent been a tightass and used your own special concoction brake fluid made from alcohol and brown sugar and youve added too much sugar!:lol: :lol: :der:

Dooie Pop Pop

i found a post from one guy where he had no brakes to three wheels and kept locking up the fourth but nothing anywhere about one of those bias valves failing with 80% loss of brakes:?

if i make like Mr Tickle i can get my brake line spanner on 5 of the line connections its just one bugger im having trouble with, is it too late in the evening to get the grinder out?:lol:

Last edited:

Keira

my brakes dont work,
im such a berk,
i dont know whats wrong,
im such a mong

:lol:

sorry if im of no help whatsoever :lol:

Last edited:

stumo

if your pedal is going hard halfway down and it feels like a brick is under the pedal and the brakes are crap and feel funny then it's got to be your master cyl. even if it is a newish one.

esp afterr changing all the other stuff.

Dooie Pop Pop

stumo said:
if your pedal is going hard halfway down and it feels like a brick is under the pedal and the brakes are crap and feel funny then it's got to be your master cyl. even if it is a newish one.

esp afterr changing all the other stuff.
**** it i might as well go get one from Bob and change it, it would be poetic justice for it to be the master cylinder:1bar:

diesel weasel said:
my brakes dont work,
im such a berk,
i dont know whats wrong,
im such a mong

:lol:

sorry if im of no help whatsoever :lol:
:lol: prick :lol:

Last edited:

jsbuds

i know it may sounds like a mongtard response ol' pop pop but what things havent u checked like even down to the brake pedal mechanism itself and/or and wire connecting it (cant remember the layout of the pulsar now:) ) but i had my van clutch bugger b4 checked everything on it and was still scratching head untill i checked the clutch cable and it had frayed inside the plastic wrapping and was catching on it ! . Also is there any chance of a blockage in any of the lines? maybe drain fluid out and try to purge lines with nitrogen or a dry inhert gas to see if there is any blockage. dunno if it all sounds silly but just trying to help :).

P

pulsarboby

thought you said you had changed the master cylinder:doh:

have you not? if not then pop down the workshop tomorrow and il lend you one to try on there.

Dooie Pop Pop

jsbuds said:
i know it may sounds like a mongtard response ol' pop pop but what things havent u checked like even down to the brake pedal mechanism itself and/or and wire connecting it (cant remember the layout of the pulsar now:) ) but i had my van clutch bugger b4 checked everything on it and was still scratching head untill i checked the clutch cable and it had frayed inside the plastic wrapping and was catching on it ! . Also is there any chance of a blockage in any of the lines? maybe drain fluid out and try to purge lines with nitrogen or a dry inhert gas to see if there is any blockage. dunno if it all sounds silly but just trying to help :).
:wave: hiya! i have had a good look around under there cheers mate.

pulsarboby said:
thought you said you had changed the master cylinder:doh:

have you not? if not then pop down the workshop tomorrow and il lend you one to try on there.
its newish maybe 3yrs old:roll:

if i can got over tomorrow i will cheers:-D

Dooie Pop Pop

man am i pissed off:sad: i managed to get the bias valve off with only minor issues, upon inspection i found that the end section of the block which is screwed on (the bit with the sticker) had severe damage around the screw heads:? iv no idea why someone would dissassemble it tbh but they were so badly damaged i cant get them out to look inside:roll:

i noticed that one of the feed holes in the block had little bits of metal around the thread and when i tried to fit the new valve the damn thing wont do up! :censored: :censored: :censored: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

iv checked the threads on the female sides of both parts and this confirmed that its the hard pipe male fitting which is ****ed:doh: does anyone know which size pipe i need, what type of flare to use and what size the 10mm male fitting is?

i guess this means i need to replace the whole thing now:roll: its one that goes to the abs so its not that bad but i was wondering about what i need to do the job? halfords are shut so i dont know if they sell the piping, fittings, flaring kit and bending tool:roll: that lot looks expensive for 18inch' s of pipe i was hoping someone might have one....;-)

cheers, stu

Last edited:
O

Odin

Dooie Pop Pop said:
i was hoping someone might have one....;-)

cheers, stu

I'll look in the garage later as I stripped all my ABS out of mine, I'm not sure if I chucked all the pipe work out, Or put it on a shelf somewhere.

Rob