My new front mount

S

Sirnixalot

Davey said:
sirnix, go here- http://groups.msn.com/skylinefever/pictures
is that what you need to know m8?
Cheers nick :D i got the kit off Dave, cant remember how much i paid him for it,but i had a sore a** afterwards :shock: , had to buy two 45* samco's for 35 quid, and the welding cost me a bottle of wiskey :lol:
Oh yeah, and i got a bit of 60mm ally piping from the local pikey :p :wink:
thats EXACTLY what i needed. Thank you so much! 8)

A

Anonymous

look good m8.
Im trying to do mine at the mo.
Im fiting an R33 with 63mm piping. It has 3 x 90* and 2 x 45* in it .
It looks like it will flow well(i hope).
Will try to post some pics. :oops:

:roll:

Davey

Just to let you know,i took it for a quick drive earlier, and i'm really impressed.
Was expecting a fair bit more lag than before, but i really cant feel anymore at all, if anything, it seems to drive better lower down the rev's :? Also left it ticking over for a couple of minutes, then drove off sharpish, and didnt get any hestation/lack of boost that i used to suffer from :) Only trouble now is the clutch slips in 4th and 5th(more than it did before) :(
All in all, i'm VV happy :D 8)

W

waiwai8

very nice davey! looks nicer than mikey's and antilags!! lol!!!

Davey

Jobi, you will need a short bit of 60mm pipe to go from the turbo outlet to join up with the trust pipe work. How much welding depends on how you want to do your pipe run, you can get away with one weld(the turbo outlet pipe), i needed six welds on mine.

Jobi Joba

Are there enough Samco hoses in the kit to avoid doing the 6 welds you've done?Or will I need to to buy extra hoses?

Do you have a picture of the weld on the turbo outlet pipe?

Davey

sorry m8, dont know about the samco's, you'd have to ask mikey or dave about that. To be honest,although it's not a complete kit for the gti-r, (thats why its a skyline kit :wink: ) it can be pretty easilly modded, without much effort, and very little expense(mikey did his in about 6 hours flat)

Jobi Joba

Errr...you don't remember if your kit came with some Samco hoses or not? :?

Do you have a pic of you turbo outlet so that I could see if I'll have to use the std pipe and modify it to fit the Skyline kit and if so,how should I modify it?

Davey

it did come with hoses, but because i wasnt using them, i paid no attention to them, or how many there were, or if i had enough(if i had been using them, which i wasnt :? )
You will have to modify it m8, cant expalain how, there are loads of pictures in the link i posted in reply to sirnixalots question

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Looks nice mate. :wink:

one comment though without some sort of lip around the end of the pipe I bet you'll suffer from the samco pipes popping off on the exhaust side of the intercooler pipework at high boost when things get hot. It will scare the siht out of you when/if it happens and without tools to sort it out you'll be stuck on the side of the road.

It used to happen to me all the time but since I welded a lip all the way round the ends of all myintercooler pipes they don't pop off.

Davey

thanks for the heads up steve, i did think of doing the same as you mate, but hopefully, i shouldnt need it, theres about 1.5" of pipe inside each bend, when i tried to take them back off, i had to stand on the pipe and pull like hell to get em off, so they should stay on :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I thought the same. Nah that won't come off.

If any pipes come off it will be on the hot, exhaust side, from the turbo. The Samco that kept coming off mine was on the pipe a good 4". I double clipped it, then triple clipped, then triple clipped with that red liquid gasket stuff, it still came off. The trouble is the oil film in the pipework gets hot and seeps into the joint then when your really ragging it "BANG" off it comes, and the car dies in mid flight. You can put it back on and it will be ok for days but it always came off at the worst time and you never ever loose the sound of it coming off, it just sticks in your head and worries the shit out of you every time you cane it.

Don't just think of doing it, do it or you could live to regret it.

Jobi Joba

Where is located the power steering cooler with this FMIC?Between the core of the FMIC and the radiator?
And what about the water tank?Need to change it?And the washer bottle?Need to be relocated in the boot?

Thx for answers... :wink: