My new front mount

Davey

what do you boy's reckon? this is antilags trust kit, as fitted by me(and mikey)
It's not really finished(pipes need polishing and stuff)
this is about the straigtest/shortest run i could get(bearing in mind ive kept the air con rad and pipe work)

S

srbpower

One word.... big :shock:

very nice mate, though reckon red hoses instead of the blue ones :)

SI :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
That's a fair old pipe run. :shock: Are they steel? Looks pretty good tho. Are you gonna chop the bumper support or leave it intact?

Davey

the pipes are ally m8, the bumper is going to be fairly standard, just moded and meshed,as far as i can see the pipe run is about as short as a forge/ND setup (bearing in mind the lack of bends/samco) Although, i admit, the outlet from the cooler does look kinda long?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It's similar to the Forge run, but I think ND drop the radiator 70mm and the pipe run goes over the top. Could do with an ally run for the Forge, those samcos weigh about 1kg each and theres loads of them :shock:

Davey

lol, fuuny you should say that Carl, i was in Forge earlier, and bought 2 of their pipes of em! :p

M

Mulisha

Thats a Skyline GTR intercooler. I got the same thing as you. If its a GTR intercooler there isnt a lot of ways to route the piping. Looks cute! Paint it black, and when people ask what the hell it is, I say its my radiator.

S

Sirnixalot

not to be a bastard or anything but can you take a pic of how you have th epipes running up into the engine bay...liek from the side of the car. My car is on its way to the fab's and i would like to give him a very good idea what he has to do as i dont want to have to buy any more bends :oops:

M

Mulisha

Your probably not talking to me but on the cars right side in the engine bay, just behind the radiator overflow bottle I cut a hole. and on the left side I went over the airfilter, down just before you get down to the bottom of the car I cut a hole to the left and went around the tow hook. I dont have a pix but this should get your mind rolling.

M

Mikey

Its a Trust/Greddy cooler made for the GTS-T with modded pipe work to fit the GTI-R, im sure Dave will be on here soon and tell you himself ! Me and Dave (antilag) did mine in 12 hours Davey's had about 6 weeks :lol: But it a sweet job and well worth taking the extra time over 8)

M

Mikey

You can sort of work out where it come up from from this pic

this was just after it was done and i have changed a few things since then, i also have a forge turbo outlet thats going on after xmas

nickg123

That looks wicked - really nice and simple! Straight pipes everywhere, i think it's one of the nicest Front Mounts i've seen!!

How much did it all cost?

Davey

sirnix, go here- http://groups.msn.com/skylinefever/pictures
is that what you need to know m8?
Cheers nick :D i got the kit off Dave, cant remember how much i paid him for it,but i had a sore ass afterwards :shock: , had to buy two 45* samco's for 35 quid, and the welding cost me a bottle of wiskey :lol:
Oh yeah, and i got a bit of 60mm ally piping from the local pikey :p :wink:

G

Graal

Hi Davey,
Is it finaly a Trust/Greddy cooler made for the GTS-T ? all pipe is in this kit ?

cheers

Pascal