*MOVED* CF Bonnet and More!

skiddusmarkus

I ordered a carbon fibre Turini bonnet from SENissan at JAE-priced at £399.It weighs 5kg compared to the standard 12kg.I had a bit of a chat with one of the people running it and they would be willing to make up other body panels too.The rear hatch they think,would be a similar price to the bonnet(personally I think it may be more as it's a more complex shape)and wanted to know what other panels we'd be interested in such as the rear spoiler.I reckon the wings would be a nice touch with a bit of weight saving too(Sirnixalot is going to weight them when he has the chance).
We'd need around 10 people per item to get them to manufacture them though at an affordable price.I know we've had a few threads going regarding cf and nothing has come of them,but SE seemed genuinely enthusiastic about making them and already have the bonnets underway.
Post here if you're interested and if we get enough response,I'll get back in touch with them and start another thread in Buying/Selling.

Interested:

Skiddusmarkus(wings)
Fast Guy(wings)

Skiddusmarkus@hotmail.com/skiddusmarkus@aol.com[img]http://www.pepe.me.uk/gtir/pics/sigs/skid.jpg[/img]

1/4 mile driver for hire.....reasonable rates.
Free gearset with every PAR T shirt sold

R

robinsongtir

ordered my bonnet last week.wings sound good but the rear hatch would cost qutie a bit more I would say

0-60 4.12
339bhp and 300L/B torque
Subarwhoo??
RC Developments tuned
www.rcdevelopments.com

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
DOORS if the weight of my montego ones were anything to go by.[:0] . I'd like a one piece rear hatch/spoiler so no one could nick my spoiler again.[:p] The rear spoiler doesn't weigh a great deal to be honest,5kg at the most. How about a bumper that can be used without the metal support behind it, assuming it's only there for the bumper.

S

srbpower

Not wishing to step on anyones toes etc here but we deal with SE for their parts on a trade basis and I need to speak to Pete about a few things anyway. I'll mention to him that we looked into getting the Nismo panels over but the freight was just too much but the interest was high enough IMO to put these panels into production.

and I'll see what he says. I may even be able to do them a bit cheaper if you guys go through us:)

Dan

skiddusmarkus

I thought of doors but have you seen what happens to F1 cars when they crash?I don't fancy bits of cf sticking in my leg if I have a side impact.At least if the bonnet/hatch/wings are hit there is metal behind to shield you.I fancy the wings and maybe the hatch myself.
I mentioned the spoiler as it may be a cheaper way of people getting some carbon on their car if they're more into styling.For me it's a weight and aerodynamic thing.

Skiddusmarkus@hotmail.com/skiddusmarkus@aol.com[img]http://www.pepe.me.uk/gtir/pics/sigs/skid.jpg[/img]

J

jaigtir

simon, do you know if they do the standard gtir bonnets in CF? Have you got any pics?

The Tractor sounding GTi-R;)

A

Anonymous

i would be interested in all the cf body parts i can get to lighten my R

A

Anonymous

it you got it for the jae price whats the normal price then

and pic of what it looks like

skiddusmarkus

I think someone just paid £417-maybe that included delivery.I got them to agree to free delivery on mine.The bonnet is the same design as the one in Memskis sig pic.
AFAIK they don't do the standard bonnet.They do however do an awesome air scoop that goes under the sparrow slicer and into a big air box.Much better than the bodge job I made.

A

Anonymous

ive been speaking with a company about them making a fibreglass replacement bonnet which looks the same as standard. this wouls be vastly cheaper than cf, would anybody be interested?

E

Edd

I could be interested in a fibre glass bonnet if the quality was good enough - but would prefer a carbon fibre standard bonnet.

Simon- Have you got any more details about the air feed from the sparrow slicer? Does it feed onto an induction kit i presume?
Any idea on price and anyone have Se nissans phones number so i can ring them
cheers

3 clutches in 2 months is not good [V]

S

Sirnixalot

me would like one but i dont get paid till the 26th of august and SE Nissan says it takes 4 weeks to make [:(] i wanted one so bad. Oh well its back to the roll cage then to add 35kg [:(] say simon wanna sell me yours [;)]

ohh btw...im moving to styling

Shift_Gears

J

jaigtir

yeah simon i know the one you mean. I think that price include a new filter and relocation of the battery to the boot. I only after the air box as i am relocating the battery myself.

The Tractor sounding GTi-R;)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
quote:Originally posted by skiddusmarkus
How many would be interested in the front wings?

I might be depending on price. Never touched a Gtir wing yet, are they straight bolt on or welded anywhere?