mongoose exhaust with 5 inch tail pipe too loud

mohsan

ive had the exhaust from gtir spares new going back in may.as i had a standard exhaust,huge difference,got to admit. but i cant handle the noise,really intimidates cars, and boy racers. What to do can i get a back box made on it?
or do i get rid of the exhaust

mohsan

exhaust

mate it might sound great,but gives me a headache on motorways and i cant hear the passengers in the back!
so i want a quiter exhaust

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It will quieten down abit as it ages and cokes up inside, but not alot.
You always refit the cat to act as a silencer, but what ever you do to quieten it, you'll be loosing abit of power, if that bothers you at all. (maybe not :wink: )

S

Stoned

Yeah that's true actually, mine has been getting quieter since I had it fitted... either that or my hearing is going :) :lol:

pete-r

AH! my ears hurt(said in a girly voice).why dont you trade it in for a scootay? :lol: :lol:

G

GTiRich

pete-r Posted: 06 Oct 2004 18:03 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AH! my ears hurt(said in a girly voice).why dont you trade it in for a scootay?

PMSL

Having said that tho some of those chavy scootays are pretty loud lol

MarkTurbo

Stoned said:
Yeah that's true actually, mine has been getting quieter since I had it fitted... either that or my hearing is going :) :lol:
Mine sounded slightly different after being on the car for a few months and coking up a bit, but it definatly didnt quieten down :wink:

Maybe you should book up a hearing test :lol:

A

Anonymous

Re: exhaust

mohsan said:
and i cant hear the passengers in the back!
what kind of person has people in the back! theres no space! :shock: :wink:

mohsan

exhaust

ofcourse theirs space,i find it even hard to listen to the passenger beside me,its okay for city driving but for motorways its gona get you death, not only that its obviously your own opinion but i wana be a little discreeter sometimes and with the goose no chance,the standard exhaust was quiet,and i had a decat back then also.its not the decat its the goose not having the backbox

S

Stoned

Hudson said:
mohsan said:
Not to mention it slows the car down, sheesh! :wink: :lol:

MarkTurbo

Hudson said:
mohsan said:
Yeah, i hardly ever take passengers in the back of mine either :roll:

But i do sometimes give ladies a ride in the back :wink: :wink: :wink:

R

r5ben

thats what ive got but just had a 3.5" decat made as well and its really loud i reved it to high the other day and hit the limiter and it banged like f$£k !!!! sounded ace ! :) sounds great up the local high street at night in a built up area :wink: not that i do that sourt of thing :roll:

A

Anonymous

mohsan said:
ofcourse theirs space,i find it even hard to listen to the passenger beside me,its okay for city driving but for motorways its gona get you death, not only that its obviously your own opinion but i wana be a little discreeter sometimes and with the goose no chance,the standard exhaust was quiet,and i had a decat back then also.its not the decat its the goose not having the backbox
ask the makers or go to a decent exhaust manufacturer and get them to make you up a nice little silencer for the middle of the exhaust.even if they just fill it with wire wool,it should be enough to take the edge off of the noise and you would be able to swap it in/out without too much trouble.

ShayneG

I just had a 5" goose fitted and I reckon it sounds awsome.
But it would pi$$ me off on Motorways.

Good job I don't use the motorways very often :D

M

mozza

haha im on the motorwars daily, its loud but if you keep it above 3250 revs then its not too bad....
I find its when your stuck in traffic and its idling at around 1000 revs that its fcukin loud lol............. :oops: :roll: :twisted:

You'll get used to it :wink:

A

andy n

i used to get this with my 4 inch 5zigen but it had a plug that you could bolt in to the tailpipe which took it down to 2 and a half inches. it totally took the boominess out of the exhaust and made it fine for motorway use. you could look at getting something made up at an exhaust place like this. it was held in with 1 allen bolt and was about 4 inces long with a bit of baffle in it.

J

japedup

the goose is a monster bore sounding beast all my mates love it ha :)