locking wheel nut stuck on

O

Odin

Hi I have a mashed rear wheel locking nut that I need to get off :evil: :roll: , It's my own fault I lost the key and between the garage that sprayed my car and me we'ev made a right mess of the bl00dy thing :oops: :cry: .

Tryed hammering a 12 point socket on as well (no joy) :cry:

I'v tryed locking wheel nut removers (no joy) and one of them sockets with the pins in(no joy), What can I do to get the f*cking thing off :?: :? .

rob

J

John Mc

Call the RAC out mate, they'll get it off.

They got my set off when I lost the key :wink:

O

Odin

John Mc said:
Call the RAC out mate, they'll get it off.

They got my set off when I lost the key :wink:

I'm a member of the AA I'll give them a call :wink: .

rob

OZ-Racing

How much room do you have?

You could try a pair of Stilsons on it (pipe wrench).

Have you tried heating it (the expansion should loosen it's grip) and make it easier to remove.

Also try hammering it in (towards the hub) as this can 'break the seal' and make it easier to remove.

Can't think of any more cheats for now :wink:

O

Odin

Thanks fella :wink: .

I'v called the AA and there on there way out to rescue me 8) :lol: isn't that nice of them :D .

rob

J

John Mc

vpulsar said:

I'v called the AA and there on there way out to rescue me 8) :lol: isn't that nice of them :D .

rob
That was a good idea I wonder who thought of that? 8) :wink:

O

Odin

John Mc said:
vpulsar said:

rob

yeah your a star fella :D :wink: .

Now f.oo.k off :wink: .

rob

Shaun

:D Hi mate,try tightening the other 3 nuts a bit tighter and then knock a smaller socket over the locker than the 1 you tried before i.e 1mm smaller.It will destroy the socket in the end but with the shock of it being hammered on it usually loosens it.What type of locker is it :?: Is it the pin type or the socket type :?:

J

John Mc

vpulsar said:
John Mc said:
vpulsar said:

rob

yeah your a star fella :D :wink: .

Now f.oo.k off :wink: .

rob
You love me really you big g.ay bear :wink: :lol: :lol:

I take it they removed it for you?

O

Odin

John Mc said:
You love me really you big g.ay bear :wink: :lol: :lol:

I take it they removed it for you?

No it can't be done :shock: :cry: :cry: , there's not enough left to get hold of :cry: .

I'v started stripping that whole corner of the car, I'll just take the strut/hub and wheel to a garage and get them to sort it out for me :cry: :( .

rob

A

AJ4

I thought with the size of your a_s_s, whenever you sat in the car the wheels would fall off by themselves, like a clown's car :D:D:D

What did the AA guy say ?

A

AJ4

Sorry, post whoring to get over 1000 :D

Is there no way to drill and tap a screw extractor into it ?

O

Odin

AJ4 said:
Screw extractor into what :? :?: , there's nothing left to tap into :cry: , I'll try drilling around the stud into whats left of the bolt and see if i can weaken it that way, It must of been some strong f*cker that did it up :oops: :oops: .

I know won thing i'm never ever going to use locking nuts again :evil: .

rob

J

John Mc

vpulsar said:
AJ4 said:
Screw extractor into what :? :?: , there's nothing left to tap into :cry: , I'll try drilling around the stud into whats left of the bolt and see if i can weaken it that way, It must of been some strong f*cker that did it up :oops: :oops: .

I know won thing i'm never ever going to use locking nuts again :evil: .

rob
You wouldn't say that if some little fo.oker nicked your wheels :!:

Take one very large hammer and a large chisel and smack the sh!t out of the little beggar until it splits :twisted: :twisted: You need to break it's tensile strength then it will give :wink:

Uncle Winnet

just drill in to the stud with a small drill and then work up to bigger drills had to do it that way on my cossi tock a bit of time but got there in the end

john