JE forged pistons?

chrisniss91

Good i think :D Phil cavanaghs 400bhp R had them in iirc. And caleb not too sure. But for some reason most go with HKS not sure Why is there any difference. :?:

E

Edd

why do people buy nike instead of other makes :wink:

we're paying for the name plus the fact it's a big company who have proven track record

And Phil's car did have JE's and presume Calebs does as it has ND rebuild

GINGA

Supposedly JE are supposed to make HKS pistons IIRC :?: I went with the hks ones because they were only £550 from Taka and they have a good reputation aswell as having a coating on the crowns to but can't remember what it was :oops:
Don't think you'd go wrong with any of the forged pistons available aslong as the bore clearance is machined correctly :wink:

S

srbpower

I know JE can be noisey on start up, but after a few seconds they're meant to be ok. That's what I've heard from a few people running them anyway.

Si, crazy Eddie was one of the informants, as he runs them in his Zed.

Dan

ashills

ive had real grief trying to get JE pistons ended up going for the CPs which are cheaper and run less clearance(but they didnt arrive in time so ive got hks lol)

JE dont do an 87mm piston as they couldnt get the rings apparently
and a few of teh cossies guys have cancelled orders for JEs after never ending waits

M

madbazza95

ROSS.

ROSS PISTONS MATE. UNCLE IAN HAS ORDERED OVER 50 SETS. :lol:

mattygti-r

crazy Eddie was one of the informants, as he runs them in his Zed.

crazy Eddie is the man! been out in his 400bhp Z and its mad! pistons seemed ok even at top end...(and i do mean top end)

P

paul stride

the je pistons are noisey only when cold but seem very good (still running in )

J

Jon T

I haven't had personal experience of this fact, but I was chatting to a guy I know rebuilding his R, and he said that the standard pistons have oil channels which will cool the pistons a generous amount, but much more than a forged piston would be.

End result is a forged piston is more likely to detonate anyway (iho), so you have to overfuel.

Can anyone clear this up?

S

srbpower

mattygti-r said:
crazy Eddie is the man! been out in his 400bhp Z and its mad! pistons seemed ok even at top end...(and i do mean top end)
I'm glad it held together mate, cos it was detting it's bollox off at the sxoc dyno day from around 5k and that wasn't just the operator, it was clear as a bell to everyone standing in the garage :evil:

Hopefully he'll have some joy when SE map it properly as they've promised to do.

Dan

S

srbpower

A forged piston is much stronger than a stock item and is a lot more resistant to det too. This allows the ecu to be mapped very close to det without too much worry, which in turn allows as much advance on the ignition as is possible, resulting in maximum power output whilst maintaining safety within the cylinders.

Dan