increase castor using n15 lower arms

KieranEG6

I don't particularly plan to add castor from the top mount. I was thinking of chopping up a pair of arms and re welding the ball joints on to increase castor from the bottom to also gain wheel Base and better weight distribution. Not massive gains but I would rather small gain than small loss in the other direction. That added with some whiteline castor/anti lift kit should give plentifully gains. Would have thought I could potentially run out of wheel arch width if I wanted to lol.

I'm not sure on strength or length comparison as I have neither arm spare yet. Just what I have read on here. Either way with a welder an spare bracing materials neither would matter.

RO_SUNNY

Private....hm this is not nice due to the fact that the GtiR is very underrated car and all upgrades will be nice.
On other forums I have never seen this kind of secrecy and (i will repeat myself) it will be nice if more parts were produced for our beloved cars!

KieranEG6

My thoughts exactly. I view it as disgusting people would be so cloak and dager just so they can make money out of people for themselves.

All I wanted to know was which dimensions had been changed. I'm not going to pay for or even fit something I don't know what it's actually going to increase or decrease.

Sorry but just labeling something as race/rally spec super duper uprated part doesn't win for me.

warpspeed

Bogdan...you just want the dimensions so you can make them to sell do you not?
Kieraneg6, disgusting? Bit strong...
Why should someone who's spent a lot of money on a rally car share the info? If he wants to make them and sell them himself what's the big deal? Do the maths and make your own set, it's not rocket science to do some paper drawings to work out the geometry and the dimensions you'd need to make arms to...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

KieranEG6

Sorry I hadn't realized these cars were uses in such tight high budget competition where people kept such secrets of little adjustments so close to their chest.

I was never asking for a blueprint diagram to replicate it. More so to know what I would actualy be buying. Ie how much castor will be added, how much wheel base, how much camber. I am not one to just buy something without knowing what it will give me.

RO_SUNNY

@ Warspeed
You are correct, but I am not making a lot of money out of it....so what all the fuss about?

Just as a small example: on the 3'' elbows only the materials and shipping to the UK are very close to 100 GBP...and I am selling them for 140 gbp.
Do you know that I am needing around 5 hours per elbow to cut / align / tack weld / final weld?
Do you want me to do them for free?
You are also a fabricator and you know the costs and time needed! I really didn't expected that from you! :((

I don't wanna upset anyone, but this is ridiculous!

I really think that this is the main reason why the GtiR is such an underrated car, thus a lot of nice people are leaving the R scene and moving forward to another scenes.
I am also on the EVO, STI, Audi S2 forum, etc where I met a lot of nice people which are willing to share the knowledge......from here you can see really powerful and well worked cars!

warpspeed

@ Warspeed
You are correct, but I am not making a lot of money out of it....so what all the fuss about?

Just as a small example: on the 3'' elbows only the materials and shipping to the UK are very close to 100 GBP...and I am selling them for 140 gbp.
Do you know that I am needing around 5 hours per elbow to cut / align / tack weld / final weld?
Do you want me to do them for free?
You are also a fabricator and you know the costs and time needed! I really didn't expected that from you! :((

I don't wanna upset anyone, but this is ridiculous!

I really think that this is the main reason why the GtiR is such an underrated car, thus a lot of nice people are leaving the R scene and moving forward to another scenes.
I am also on the EVO, STI, Audi S2 forum, etc where I met a lot of nice people which are willing to share the knowledge......from here you can see really powerful and well worked cars!
I personally think it is exceptionally rude and underhand to ask the dimensions of something so you can make them to sell for profit, totally disgraceful and I for one will never buy anything off you based on that.
I would like the dimension yes but if I wasn't given them I would work it out for myself, no big deal and I wouldn't fall out with anybody over it, life's too short.

Kiereneg6, asking for how much castor and camber etc is fine but if I owned the original arms I certainly wouldn't be posting the dimensions of them on a public forum exactly for the reason above.

RO_SUNNY

Rude and underhand, why so mate?

I never ever said nothing to offend anyone on this forum or another.....but you keep offending me! And what for?

That's nice!